What To Do IF My Websites Does Not Look Good On All Browsers

lisatechie

What can i do if my website is looking good in some browsers while in other browsers the website seems to look broken and some parts of its seems broken. Any suggestions on making my website load good on all browsers are welcome.

To create a website that is compatible on all different web browsers, you should use only standard compliant coding and you should not use proprietory HTML tags and features (these work only in the browser they were created for). Making your website look good in each different browser can be difficult because each browser interprets the coding differently, but checking how your website looks on each of the major browsers can help you get an idea on what code pieces will look bad on different browsers, and which to stay away from because of that.

It's difficult to say what is causing the discrepancies without seeing the site itself, but in addition to proprietary code, if you are trying to use a lot of more recent CSS3 effects many of them are not supported in older versions of Internet Explorer. There is a free application called IETester that will help you test your site in multiple versions of IE, which is pretty useful since you generally cannot install multiple versions of IE on the same computer.

Back