What To Do If My Laptop Is OverHeating

jlokin

I feel from last few days that my laptop is heating , in face its over heating as i can feel too much heat exiting from one of its side. I want to ask you how can i know that this heating is normal or is the laptop over heating. Can you suggest some ways by using which i can prevent if from overheating. I have heard that there can be problems in laptop if they overheat.

Laptop Overheating

Overheating of the laptop is not good and can cause major harm to the laptop. You should use cooling pad under your laptop whenever you use it. Laptop cooling pads are good to reduce overheating and remain laptop cool while you working on it.

Look on Youtube for how to remove the underside, then use a hoover to suck all the crap out. I hoover my desktop once a month as it helps it maintain a good speed, and I do my laptop every 2 weeks as the small intakes can block up quickly. A lot of overheating issues can be solved with a simple hoover. ;)

Clean the fans would be the first thing I would do, after that, I want to make sure my laptop would get proper ventilation. Putting it on a bed for instance will make it overheat fairly fast. Try a cold surface, like a table of some sorts.

Usually if it's overheating, it has to do with the fan or CPU. Either you're over using the laptop and giving the CPU too much of a workout or the fan is simply not working correctly. I'd take it to someone to have a look, then take it from there.

Back