What is visual content optimization? Why is it so important?

This is the process by which content is market in such a way to share content instantly.

Since SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, you know that you are optimizing web pages for the search engines. One of the things you need to do to optimize a page you want to get ranked in the search engines is include the target keyword in the content. This would need to be included naturally in the content of the page a few times in order for the search engine spiders to consider the new page as relevent.

VCO is the SEO or internet marketing technique in which visuals, graphics and images are used to display content. Whether it is a new idea or some facts or statistic even, every type of information is displayed through graphics. In this technique, visual content replaces text content. It includes infographics, graphics, videos, photos, and even presentations.
Well, I just looked this up out of curiosity and I see that the term VCO, or Visual Content Optimization, was coined by Paul Biedemann. The idea being that more and more people are sharing and are clicking on images than they are on text links and how you can search with those images using Google Search by Image. He does admit he's no SEO expert though and I'm not convinced by what he's saying. However, images and video and other forms of media are becoming more important to SEO whereas keywords are becoming less relevant. I would think that it would be more effective to stick with a combination of both.

VCO is the SEO or internet marketing technique in which visuals, graphics and images are used to display content. Whether it is a new idea or some facts or statistic even, every type of information is displayed through graphics. In this technique, visual content replaces text content. It includes infographics, graphics, videos, photos, and even presentations.

Last edited:
Back