What Is The Future Of Yahoo

picomido

When i started my career in mind 90s the first website i went to was yahoo and it was in fact the first search engine. Now i see yahoo is on down side and i even do not see any upcoming product by them which will make them strong. Now google is so dominated and i want yahoo to again come with other products and come at par with Google so that the world could benefit from a healthy competition.

Back in the 90's, my favorite search engine was Alta Vista. It's gone forever. I rarely used Yahoo because it returned to many unrelated search results.

I don't think Yahoo will return to its former greatness. But it's still around. The same can't be said for many internet companies from the early days of the web.

Yahoo has one of the best fantasy sports platforms out there, bar none. Yahoo also has an excellent news platform and a lot of great content creating services and properties. The future of Yahoo is in their content and their services, it's a valuable company.

Yahoo shouldn't be considered a search company anymore, they do drive some traffic but they are powered by Bing and their strength is in their stories and games. I'd like to see them focus on those even more.

As far as Search Engines go Yahoo is garbage. They do not have the resources that Google does to compete. The pretty much take the results from Bing and Google and run it through their algorithm and call it a day. They do not crawl the web no near as much as they should. I think they will become a more liberal news source and focus on selling ads to generate income.

I think yahoo is still awesome especially when it comes to their news and their features but when it comes to their mail, that I am not a fan of. It is too slow especially when it involves music files and somewhat large files to send and download. I prefer Gmail with that these days.

I also used to use Yahoo during my early internet days, but it was overtaken by Google - it just seemed that Yahoo did not aggressively take over the internet industry as much as Google did. I am glad to see that they are starting to pick up again...and I really hope they do. Some of their features are top drawer. What they need are application developers who are innovative --- way more innovative than Google or Facebook app developers so that they can start to catch more of the online market.

I think the future of Yahoo looks a bit dim. I suspect that they failed to focus and be the best at one thing and instead spread themselves too thin. All of their past applications and sites are now degrading in quality and I don't think those are getting as much updates as needed such as Yahoo answers and messenger. The future of Yahoo, I think all depends on whether they find which niche they really want to focus on and become the best at it, or they will suffer the same fate as MySpace.

The only thing I am using Yahoo! for, and not frequently, it's e-mailing and live chatting. Other than that, nothing. I never liked their search engine.

When i started my career in mind 90s the first website i went to was yahoo and it was in fact the first search engine. Now i see yahoo is on down side and i even do not see any upcoming product by them which will make them strong. Now google is so dominated and i want yahoo to again come with other products and come at par with Google so that the world could benefit from a healthy competition.

I think Yahoo will always be around. It may never make it back to its standings from when it was first created, but it'll be there. I feel that they would need a major breakthrough to make a jump in the charts.

Yahoo has dropped it's presence in China as it couldn't compete with local firms. If you can't make it in China then things are gonna go downhill. I haven't seen any significant change in yahoo recently that stands out form the crowd, but i do like their email service which is better than the other players. Just typing in your username is better than having to type your whole email address

Yahoo! was very promising when I was younger - much like what has been said here. But it has been rebranding itself and changing its outline / platforms lately (Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Voices, for instance). There's no guarantee, but these efforts may save it from falling to the bottom.

Yahoo! has been around the corner for more than a decade. This is a testament that although they are no longer the Yahoo! they used to be, at least they have survived different threats, well except of course from Google. I still read Yahoo! news and I still use my Yahoo! mail every now and then. As much as I love Google for their search prowess, they can't keep at par with Yahoo! with their email system.

Apart from the Yahoo! Emails which is slowly dying to Hotmail and Gmail all they've really got going for them is their Yahoo! News and search engine. You really don't hear much about Yahoo! anymore.

Maybe if Yahoo stops trying to be everything and instead concentrate on one thing, they might find new peaks to climb. One possibility is to concentrate on the women niche. It's a huge niche and it's growing. Plus with a woman at the helm, this is as good a time as any to become a leader in this niche.

They are definitely trying to do what Google do by sticking their fingers in everything.

Yahoo is just good to get the latest news but when it comes to performing as a search engine, it is not good. Their algorithms have not changed in a very long time and this is what Google is banking on. They need to take a step back and rethink how to revamp Yahoo to its former glory.

Back