What is the difference between Visit and session?

A visit can includes more than one session, so both are different. If a user comes on a website it is a visit and as well as session,( but I don't remember where I saw this topic) but after 30 minutes a user still on the same website can starts 2nd session with same visit and one more thing after 12:59 in night can automatically starts new session(without completing 30 minutes).
Normally there is an idea, where an enter is a visit as well as session indicate a time period.

According to my opinion, regardless anytime, the session is the number of times you go to the site.Every time you left the website,the session would be over.
A "visit" is limited by the time between each of one, It can be 30, 40, 50 ... minutes so a visit can include some sessions
Distinguish these two concepts is important for us to better assess customer behavior.

A session is defined as a group of interactions one user takes within a given time frame on your website. Google Analytics defaults that time frame to 30 minutes. Meaning whatever a user does on your website (e.g. browses pages, downloads resources, purchases products) before they leave equals one session.

Back