What is the Difference Between Google Panda and Penguin Update? –

I'm not an expert on this topic, but Google Panda was aimed at punishing thin micro or mini-sites. There were sites were only a few pages with keyword specific domains.

Google Penguin was aimed specifically at blackhat SEO especially backlinking and fairly obvious duplicate content.

I' am not a expert on this topics, buy i will try to give you answer. The Panda update is all about over-optimization of onpage SEO factors, backlink anchor diversity and the context of those backlinks.
Penguin is about actually improving user experience. It doesn't target backlinking, it targets the result of backlinking: visitors coming on your site.

Google Panda update is to penalize the website, which are having low quality content in the website. Whereas Google Penguin update is relating to the quality of backlinks, if the website is not having quality backlinks, than Google may penalize such sites.

Both are google updates,
>Google Penguin included stuffing meta tags with keywords and acquiring high volumes of anchor text links from weak domains.
>Google Panda is used to targeted low quality web pages containing thin or duplicate content.

Google Panda:- The main purpose of the update was just to keep those low quality and low content sites away from the top ranking results and give the actual quality sites their due.

Google Penguin:-The main purpose is to penalize and decrease the rankings of sites that breach Google’s Webmaster Guidelines set the by the search engine.

Google Panda is a major change to Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011. The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites" or "thin sites", in particular "content farms", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.

Google Penguin refers to a set of algorithm updates and data refreshes for the Google search engine that the company periodically initiates to help enhance the value of its search query results for users.

Back