What is shared hosting?????

Prince25

What is shared hosting and how we use it for our useful/??? i don't have any knowlege about this so plz tell me??????:upset:

shared web hosting service or virtual hosting service or derive host refers to a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web server connected to the Internet. Each site "sits" on its own partition, section/place on the server, to keep it separate from other sites. This is generally the most economical option for hosting, as many people share the overall cost of server maintenance.

Shared hosting, sometimes called shared services or virtual hosting, is simply when multiple web sites share the same server, thus reducing the cost for everyone.
With a shared hosting account, your site will usually be on a server with hundreds of other web sites. That may sound like a lot, but it usually works out extremely well because most sites don't generate enough traffic or use enough resources for it to become a problem.
Share hosting is suitable for personal sites, small businesses, and even medium sized businesses if their hosting needs fit within the parameters of a small business.

Shared hosting is the first step towards your online exposure to all over the world. When a person first starts exposing himself to the world he should go for shared hosting because it is cheaper compared to a vps or dedicated server and also it is easier to manage it.

What is shared hosting and how we use it for our useful/??? i don't have any knowlege about this so plz tell me??????:upset:

Shared hosting is where many sites are connected to a single server..It is economical compared to other hosting services...
The important pros and cons of shared hosting are:
Pro's - 1) Low cost
2) Good server administration
Cons - 1) Low security level
2) Resource limitation -everybody uses the same memory, CPU and Hard Drive.
3) You can use only the software which is provided with your hosting company, and correspondingly you can't install your own.

I have a website of my own which is hosted with the help of XnYnZ.com

Getting shared hosting is something I always recommend to people just getting started. Not only is it inexpensive but it is a great starting point to getting the exposure you want. You should always start with a shared hosting and then expand as you grow.

Shared hosting means your internet website host is putting your website on the same server as other peoples website. This means you are sharing the cost of the server, but that your bandwidth is limited and you are at the risk of being ddos attacked. If their site is attacked, so will yours be.

Shared Web Hosting means that one physical server and the allocated resources hosted on that server are shared between many users. Actually, on the shared hosting platform each user has his own limit on particular services like disk space, monthly traffic, email accounts, FTP accounts, databases etc.

On the other hand, all performance resources on a physical machine (server) are shared. The RAM and CPU, the single Apache server, the single MySQL server and the single Mail server are on a shared basis.

Shared Web Hosting is the most economical way of hosting a website simply because expenditures per machine are covered by more users. Due to the favorable ratios these savings trickle down to the customer.

alexleuschner.com

Last edited:
Personal website hosting is a booming business. People everywhere are building websites to post precious wedding pictures, baby pictures, family video clips, party invitations, personal blogs and more. You don't need to be an expert to pull this of either.

Shared hosting is a type of Web hosting in which the service provider serves pages for multiple Web sites, each having its own Internet domain name, from a single Web server. Although shared hosting is a less expensive way for businesses to create a Web presence, it is usually not sufficient for Web sites with high traffic. There are many web hosting service like myasp.net which provides shared hosting service.

Hello your question has two parts therefore I will answer your question in two parts too.
1-Shared hosting is a type of web hosting which is used to host low traffic or lower load websites. The other forms of hosting are reseller hosting, master reseller hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated server.
2-We need web hosting to host our websites on it in the same way this forum is hosted on certain web hosting but this forum is not hosted on a shared hosting it is definitely hosted on a VPS or dedicated server.

It is a hosting service in which the service provider serves pages from multiple web site each having its own domain name.

Shared Hosting includes Business Class Hosting Plans. Shared Hosting is very similar to living in an Apartment Complex. All residents are in the same location and must share the available resources with everyone.These may include such things as the pool, parking lot, and play ground. In shared hosting, all accounts must share the available resources with all the other accounts on the server. These include CPU time, memory, and disk space.

Shared hosting is a type of web hosting in which the service providers serves the pages for multiple websites here each is having its own internal domain name for a web server. There are many hosting sites which are providing the shared hosting, if you want to buy a best shared hosting then you must buy it from the Host.co.in, which is a great and leading site for hosting.

Last edited:
Shared Hosting is a term used for web hosting service plans where multiple websites share the resources of a large web server. Many WordPress web hosting providers offer shared hosting plans at extremely affordable rates. Shared web hosting plans are by far the cheapest and most affordable than other web hosting plans such as VPS or Dedicated server.

Back