What is Referring domains ?

Plcinchennai

Hi all,
Please help me with the term Referring domains. Recently when i was going through my website statistics, i came across this term. Please explain it in simple words.

Referring domain means Other websites link your website as hyper link or anchor text.
>It helps to increase the referral traffic.

Hello,
Basically, the Referring domain is the domain that people "came from" when visiting your site.

For example, if you look in google for your name or some unique part of your website and Google returns your page in the results, when you click on it it takes you to your website. Google.com is thus the referring domain!

If you link to your site from your signature in forums, and people click on it, then the forum becomes the referring site or domain.

Referring domains is the total no. of domain linked to your website. Its slightly different to total no. of back links. If your website has 72 back links on 24 different websites. In case 24 is the referring domain while 72 is the total no. of back links.

Referring domain is the domain that backlinks are coming from. As "ref domain", is a domain from which a backlink is pointing to a page or link." Referring traffic always has a referrer website, from which this stream of traffic originates.

Back