What is Goal in Google Analytic?

Google analytics is a tool to measure the traffic behavior for your website. Inserting the analytics code into the website homepage helps Google to track your website traffic and provide various results in the analytics tool. The tool also provides information about the bounce rate of your website.

Goals in Google analytics stands for pre defined action you added into site using code.
Let me try to explain you, let's suppose: you are running adwords campaigns and you wanna track every conversions happening with adwords promotion, For this you can simply add track code into website and analytics will share conversion ratio while you are logging on analytics.
We can use Goals in some other way as well, as it is totally depend upon our use, another goal setup can be how many of the user are coming towards my site, after viewing my site how many of them are trying to contact me using my contact page.

Using values for goals lets you focus on the highest value conversions, such as transactions with a minimum purchase amount.

Goals measure how well your site or app fulfills your target objectives. A goal represents a completed activity, called a conversion, that contributes to the success of your business. Examples of goals include making a purchase (for an ecommerce site), completing a game level (for a mobile gaming app), or submitting a contact information form (for a marketing or lead generation site).

Google Analytics standard reports. Click on the “Admin” button in the top right. Click on “Goals” From one of the Goal sets, click “+ Goal” (goal sets are just a way for you to easily group goals) to set up a new goal.

What is Goal in Google Analytic? please someone share own thought to understand about this...Thanks
Let me give you an example, you want to know how many people sign up on your page?
There is a "congratulatory" page link that you'll put on the goal to track how many successful sign ups done to your page.
That is the purpose of goal, to track/monitor certain behaviour happening to your site.

goals is a fundamental component of any digital analytics measurement plan. Having properly configured goals allows Analytics to provide you with critical information, such as the number of conversions and the conversion rate for your site or app. Without this information, it's almost impossible to evaluate the effectiveness of your online business and marketing campaigns.

Google analytics is a tool to measure the traffic behavior for your website. Inserting the analytics code into the website homepage helps Google to track your website traffic and provide various results in the analytics tool. The tool also provides information about the bounce rate of your website.

Last edited:
Back