What Is A Link Wheel

picomido

I have heard this term again and again from many people who work in SEO industry but still not sure what exactly does Link wheel refers too. Is it a white hat SEO technique or is it black Hat?

A link wheel is a method in SEO where a backlink links to another backlink, and that another one links to even another one, and so forth. This allows for all backlinks to pass on link juice from each other, but it's also highly dangerous because it leaves footprints.

A link wheel is a method in SEO where a backlink links to another backlink, and that another one links to even another one, and so forth. This allows for all backlinks to pass on link juice from each other, but it's also highly dangerous because it leaves footprints.

Also the link will eventually point to your site, passing all the juice to you. Search Engines are pretty good at picking these up so use with caution.

gg.jpg

Oh yeah, linkwheels definitely fall into that greyhat category.

I have seen websites being penalized for using such methods and i will never use them on any of my website. There are already so many other methods available to get quality backlinks.

I remember M. Cutts saying that as the juice flows from one page to another, its value continues to fade away slowly. So i'm not sure if they help at all.

The LINK WHEEL is an advanced SEO strategy that is overlooked by many. It is not new but it’s always evolving. Most people consider the link wheel to be a link building strategy or technique. The basic idea behind the link wheel is to create a pattern of links which flow from one website to another which would finally link to your main website.

The link wheel is one such idea where several similar themed websites get together and create a circle of links. So website A links to website B which links to website C which then links back to website A. Link wheels can contain any number of websites from the three in this example upwards.

Link wheel is the effective SEO technique to get best ranking and higher position in google. It is a collection of 5 or more web 2.0 properties, linking the backlink to two or more link form the link wheel.

A link wheel is snake oil SEO. Confusing hogwash that feigns to be the magic bullet. A link wheel is, for example when you have 6 sites: A B C D E F. If A is your main site, then B, C, D, E, F link to A reciprocally.

If you spent any time learning about SEO techniques and backlinking strategies, chances are you came across the term “link wheel”. If you are new to the SEO game, you may not be familiar with what a link wheel is. In this article, we will discuss what exactly a link wheel is and the power behind it.
A link wheel is a single tier backlinking strategy that pushes link juice to the money site and the other backlinks within the same tier. This, in turn, strengthens the quality of those backlinks. Here we have a diagram of what the link wheel structure looks like.

A link wheel is snake oil SEO. Confusing hogwash that feigns to be the magic bullet.

A link wheel is, for example when you have 6 sites: A B C D E F. If A is your main site, then B, C, D, E, F link to A reciprocally. Then B links to C, C links to D, D links to E, E links to F, and F links to B completing the wheel. This is the basic variant.

A link wheel is not a killer SEO tactic, at least not anymore. Check the dates on the posts that mention it: 2006, 2005, 2007. SEO, or at least "killer" SEO tactics, are outdated fast. Proper SEO:
Content is king
Make your content accessible
Get backlinks
never changed.

Link wheel doesn't work anymore, same goes to all link building techniques that are easy to get but don't pass much value.
Perfect example would be social bookmarking, directory submission, article submission

Back