What Is A Favicon And Where To Put It

jjmuskinv

Do any of you know about the Favicon icon and if yes then can you share details with rest of forum members. A graphic designer who is making logo for me recently asked if i wanted a favicon too but i did not knew what a favicon is so i was unable to tell.

Please tell me what is a favicon and if this is a image then what is the format of a favicon and what are the dimensions of favicon file or image.

Favicons are usually 16px x 16px, and generally you should save them as an .ico file for cross browser compatibility. Then you just upload it to the root level of the site and add a line or two of code to your pages. There are more instructions here:

Add a Favicon.ico to Your Site

I create favicons in Photoshop. You need to install a ICO plugin for Photoshop first(google it), and then you can create your own favicons. It's the little tiny icon(16x16px) that appears on the tab for your website.

Favicon is the easiest way to show your site. Bookmarks show favicons. Favicons are 16x16px images and they appear as page icon in web browser.

A favicon (short for "favorites icon"), also known as a page icon or an urlicon, is an icon associated with a particular website or webpage. A web designer can create such an icon, and many recent web browsers can then make use of them.

For those whom have neglected to state this, all of the information above is correct but they've all failed to state that the Favicon is that little icon on tabs which you see. Like if you go to http://www.facebook.com and take a look at the tab that's open, it'll have a F for Facebook, that is the Favicon which is basically usually used for, as heraitel state, bookmarking identification.

Favicon is a 16*16 pixel website icon image that is associated to the particular website. It is used to consider a site when you opened various web pages in a same browser. For example, you can see 'W' favicon in address bar when you open up Wikipedia site.

Favicons are 16x16 images next to your tab, it's usually a picture you can relate to and usually good websites have them, such as this one. One of the most important aspects of a website is indeed a Favicon.

What else do I add here? Most of the responses above are quite right and apt. By the way, there is just a line of code that you can put up in the head tags of your website to add the Favicon - given that you have uploaded or have selected a favicon for your website.

These favicons are supposed to be beneficial in identifying the bookmarks to as you remember the images better than the names or text.

Hello, Favicon generally stands for "Favorites Icon" and It is a little icon beside your site's name in the favorites list and appears , before the URL browser address bar. Its has dimension of 16x16 pixels. Thanks

Back