What do you think of using XML sitemaps?

I use them on all my sites they do seem to get ranked quicker.
A site I rebuilt for my niece never had one and was way back in search results and alot of pages not indexed. Now the new site complete with XML sitemaps is ranked on first page and fully indexed.

I also tend to do a .txt sitemap aswell.

I set up a sitemap for all my websites. It really does help them to get ranked faster. It's completely worth the time and effort to create one.

I use them on all my sites they do seem to get ranked quicker.
A site I rebuilt for my niece never had one and was way back in search results and alot of pages not indexed. Now the new site complete with XML sitemaps is ranked on first page and fully indexed.

I also tend to do a .txt sitemap aswell.
.txt sitemap a new term? Does you used it?

I create sitemaps for search engine spiders as well as for search engines. Google require sitemap in special XML format while humans are more comfortable with HTML ones so it makes sense to cater to every kind of audience. If just isn't enough to make search engines happy; if your human visitors can't discover content on your site, the whole purpose of creating site gets defeated.

XML sitemaps are coded sitemaps generated online and submitted in webmaster tool to increase the crawling frequency of your webpage in search engines. The codes are read by Google spiders to index webpages faster in search engines.

XML Sitemaps are important in seo process. It helps search engines to crawl your site.
An XML file is a lists all the URLs for a website along with the information about meta data of the website url.
The metadata includes the details of date last updated, and how often the content on the page changes

Back