What are the best tools for Web Designing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danealegana

I have heard a lot say that Dreamweaver is the best but its quite expensive.
I am new to web designing and I just use notepad but cant seem to make my design really look good. I think I need some tools to supervised me until I get the hang of it and just code it on my own again in notepad.

Any good suggestions guys? :)

there many but i like Niice design engine,Pixel Dropr (a Photoshop plugin),firefox font inspector,cloud lamp,an many more.

I checked on everything you suggested and Im not quite sure if either one of them is already a whole package like Dreamweaver?
Or do I have to get them all and work everything alongside each other?
Can you please explain or elaborate more about these apps you suggested.

I really just want one software which does most of the functions like Dreamweaver.

There are several design tools out there, but the best I've used personally is Dreamweaver. It's just awesome for both the coding interface user and the WYSIWYG users. Well, I think it's good that you are already using Notepad because I'd normally advice anyone not to start with Dreamweaver since they can get pretty lazily hooked to the WYSIWYG interface.

However, there's nothing bad in using Notepad, if there's something it's going to help you to become really perfect and extremely good.

There are several design tools out there, but the best I've used personally is Dreamweaver. It's just awesome for both the coding interface user and the WYSIWYG users. Well, I think it's good that you are already using Notepad because I'd normally advice anyone not to start with Dreamweaver since they can get pretty lazily hooked to the WYSIWYG interface.

However, there's nothing bad in using Notepad, if there's something it's going to help you to become really perfect and extremely good.
Yeah, I do like to have Dreamweaver but Im short right now.
Maybe if I already have enough Ill get it because it seems its the best that Ive read so far from other sites as well.

Anyways, if I have it already, Ill just try not to be dependent with it so I wont lose my coding skills, especially that Im still a beginner.

I have heard a lot say that Dreamweaver is the best but its quite expensive.
I am new to web designing and I just use notepad but cant seem to make my design really look good. I think I need some tools to supervised me until I get the hang of it and just code it on my own again in notepad.

Any good suggestions guys? :)

Web design is one which structures your ideas and thoughts and creates a Website...So before creating a website you should keep in mind the following tools:
1) Gridset - It helps you design custom, responsive grid layouts easily.
2) FitText - It makes your font-size flexible to fit your fluid or responsive layout.
3) Attractive Images
4) Responsive Slides and tables
I do not have any experience with Dreamweaver.I usually create website with the help of XnYnZ.com where other services are also offered.

Adobe Dreamweaver
Photoshop
Microsoft Expressions Web
Coda 2
Blue Fish
These tools are good for web designing.

Last edited:
It depends on what you are trying to do, there are a lot more options these days. If you are building static web sites that aren't running off of a content management system or blogging platform, then Dreamweaver would be your best bet. I think there are some less expensive HTML editors (and some freeware ones out there too) in the under $100 range, but personally I think none of them provide as much value for their cost.

If you do plan on using something like Wordpress, and you are not very familiar with coding HTML, CSS, & PHP, then I would suggest either going with a premium theme, or a Wordpress theme framework. The frameworks make customizing your site like using a drag and drop WYSIWYG editor and they give you a good amount of control to customize your site without having to touch the code.

There are some other products out there such as Artisteer and Divine Elemente for building Wordpress themes too, that you may want to check out. These are desktop solutions that take a different approach to customizing themes.

There are many other tools providing web designs like Fontello, Proto.io,Foundation 3 etc which too are very handy.All these are useful but choosing the right one is up to your abilities.

Although a little dated now the cheapest is Microsoft Expressions Web as it has become abandonware!

It used to cost quite a lot in it's day, but now they have stopped supporting it and it can be downloaded for free. Good enough to get you started, and then when you save up enough you can splash out on dreamweaver. Alternatively you can try a CMS or something like weebly which is also free with paid for services.

There is another tool I just found out about. It's another Adobe product, but this one is entirely open source and freeware. It's called Bracket. You can read more about it and download it for free at Bracket.io. In it's current state it's a basic HTML editor for coders. It will show changes to the page you are editing in real time and has some basic file management capabilities. It's also been forked into another product Adobe is developing concurrently called Adobe Edge Code, which can only be obtained through their Creative Cloud currently. I would suggest checking out some videos on the upcoming features with it though. One interesting feature is PSD Lens, which will allow you to open an PSD file directly in the program and it will spec it all out for you. In other words as you mouse over objects in the layout it will show you the margins of it, the font(s) used, color values, etc... instead of having to launch Photoshop separately and search for all of these within all the layers of the layout.

Google now offers a free web design tool as well, though it appears to be more geared towards creating banner ads for their ad networks. However there are options to create standard HTML pages as well. I've only dabbled in it just a bit so far but found it to be rather confusing to use, personally.

Using Dreamweaver exclusively may limit your ability to learn how to create a website from scratch. If you really want to learn webdesign from the ground up, I recommend notepad++ (or any text editor) and a responsive framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap. Either of these frameworks will provide you with some basic page layouts which you will be able to view in notepad and manipulate to suite your needs. Combine these with the developer tools in our browser (F12 in Chrome) and you have everything you need to develop your skills as a web designer.

I have been working in Web Designing since 4 years and i am continuously using Dreamweaver for changing and Designing a new websites. If i say that this is the most effective and genuine tool than others then it would be accurate tool.

There are many web design tools out there, yet the best I've utilized directly is Dreamweaver. It's only magnificent for both the coding interface client and the Wysiwyg clients. That being said, I suppose its exceptional that you are now utilizing Notepad on the grounds that I'd regularly counsel anybody not to begin with Dreamweaver.

In my opinion, best tool for designing is photoshop and if you want to do coding then notepad++ and dreamweaver are the best tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back