Website Speed And SEO

calspider

What is the relationship between the loading speed of a web site and Search Engine Optimizations and where should the websites be hosted in order to give websites the edge. I have read some where that now this is an important factor in search ranking of websites.

If this is then please tell how can i check the loading speed of my website and what steps do i need to do to increase the speed of a website in order to get it ready for SEO and good Google search ranking.

Yes i have seen a Matt Cutts video on you tube in which he clearly mentioned that the speed of a website contributes to a good visitors experience and this will definitely have a effect on SEO of a website as speed is one of the contributing factors now for Marketing and search engine optimization strategy of a website.

Google do take into account the web site loading speed, however it would only be a small part of what they use to rank a site, otherwise they would be penalising sites that load up with videos on the home page while they are buffering.

I have found certain ads can slow a forum down, Skyscanner fetches the latest airline price from their own server and that can be a crawl hanging your own site.

I have never known website speed to ever have an effect on SEO since it mainly depends on the hosting used. if it does, I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

Website Speed

Website Speed is also an important fact with SEO point. If a web page takes more time to load the user get a bad impression for it and seems that it is not an easy accessible site and can also increase Bounce rate that is not good for a site. Google also consider it as a bad factor of the site.
There are lot of tools available on the net to check a web page speed and also give suggestion for improve of the site

Back