WAMP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince25

Wamp Server is used to design and edit Windows based PHP websites.
WAMP stands for Windows, Apache, MySQL & PHP.

Yeah! I run Wamp Server on both my desktop and Laptop, and I must confess it's made life so easy for me. Since I use windows OS, it wouldn't have been easy for me to test run PHP scripts with MySql on my pc without having to use an online based server. But with Wamp Server in the picture learning and working becomes easier.

In fact this afternoon I was test running the offline version of my website before my laptop ran out of juice.

Last edited:
Yes! WAMP and others like it for Windows are really nice tools to have. They provide prototyping even before publishing to the world wide web! I currently use WAMP and i'm loving it! :D

Apparently you need to be pretty careful with this and Xampp, and don't try to play around with the settings too much because you can open your computer up to hackers. I've heard there are a lot of hacking apps out there that scan for wide open Wamp and Xampp servers, and infect them with bots.

I was trying to make it available to others for testing purposes and mockups, but I'm glad someone warned me about this in advance.

Yes! WAMP server is best for Windows are really nice tools. it's provide prototyping before publishing to the world wide web, I currently use WAMP i am using the wamp server.

Appschopper

Last edited:
Apparently you need to be pretty careful with this and Xampp, and don't try to play around with the settings too much because you can open your computer up to hackers. I've heard there are a lot of hacking apps out there that scan for wide open Wamp and Xampp servers, and infect them with bots.

I was trying to make it available to others for testing purposes and mockups, but I'm glad someone warned me about this in advance.

Well, wouldn't that only apply if it was actually on the website or even trying to rely information an external source? I primarily use WAMP for internal testing and it's completely offline (AFAIK). Should I be worried?

The acronym WAMP refers to a set of free (open source) applications, combined with Microsoft Windows, which are commonly used in Web server environments. The WAMP stack provides developers with the four key elements of a Web server: an operating system, database, Web server and Web scripting software. The combined usage of these programs is called a server stack. In this stack, Microsoft Windows is the operating system (OS), Apache is the Web server, MySQL handles the database components, while PHP, Python, or PERL represents the dynamic scripting languages.

WampServer installs automatically all you need to start developing web applications and is very intuitive to use. You will be able to tune your server without even touching the setting files.
windows operating system easy support it and easy to install.

WAMP stands for window Apache Mysql & PHP. With the help of wamp server we can test & run the website. It provide user interface.

Wamp server provide a set of free applications combined with Microsoft Windows which is commonly used in Web Server environment Wamp Stack provide a four key element of the web server:
operating system
Database
Apache
PHP
Perl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back