Upgrade From Windows XP To Windows 8

Technology_Enth

I want to ask the members of forum if any body of you have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 8 . Most people who are upgrading are doing it from Windows 7 while i did not have Windows 7 and want to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 8 and if yes did you encountered any problems during this upgrade.

Another thing i want to ask is that what is the preferrable method of this upgrade that should be adopted and is it possible to upgrade it online or should it be done with the help of Windows 8 CD ROM from Microsoft.

You would have to acquire the CD instlaler of Windows 8. But before it you may want to check whether you hardware system passes the requirements of the operating system. Windows 8 system requirements - Microsoft Windows

If you have good specs, then there will be no problem installing Windows 8. All you need is to set it to boot from CD and you're good to go.

If you want to upgrade from Xp to 8, I didn't think that was possible. From my understanding it would have to be chronological. Whatever is after XP then whatever is after that and so on. Or maybe I'm just confused.

Both of my computers run on Windows XP. Even though I have "played with" a couple of Windows 8 devices, I won't be upgrading my computers. I'll just wait until I get a computer for the upgrade. I will have to upgrade to Windows 7 since Microsoft will no longer been supporting Windows XP later this year.

I believe that you can upgrade from XP to Windows 8. No need to buy two operating systems.

You can do a clean installation from Windows XP to Windows 8, but not an upgrade. Windows XP is too outdated for that. Clean installation consists of formatting your whole hard drive, so you might want to backup some essentials files before upgrading, or in this case, "clean installing".

You can not make such an upgrade. It is much easier to remove the old operating system and install the new Windows 8. Please note that you will need activation and for this you will need the service kmspico. You can make activation absolutely free of charge by visiting the official website of the supplier.

Back