Ubuntu Tablets

steam455

I probably won't order one from this company but it sure does give me an idea. I can order the Novo7 Venus and flash it myself when a stable release is available. It would be nice to have one to play around with. What do yo guys think about this?

Article here: http://ubuntoid.com/...owered-tablets/

I think the tablets with ubuntu are the future, but never heard a friend said to me a few days and said he has heard good reviews that supersedes the android and iOS!

I like linux system however the tablet version didn't snag the interest of the community as far as I know. I was hoping it can compete well with the major android OS but it didn't. I don't own one though.

What are the advantages of ubuntu tablets compare to the existing ones today?

Ubuntu is the future of a lot of things. They're releasing a smartphone soon as well. Ubuntu is a great operating system and has excellent features, they'd honestly be fools to not expand their devices up to tablets and then some! The only reason why I use Windows is for a lot of my apps that can't run on Ubuntu but if I had a Tablet, I'd love nothing else if Ubuntu was on it and running smoothly.

There were no any excitement or hype for Ubuntu tablets in the communities. I don't think Ubuntu can compete with iOS and Android. Ubuntu tablets may generate interest among geeks.

This is purely my opinion.
It is very difficult for Free software(in this case Ubuntu) to compete with the likes of Android(the Google Version) and iOS with huge dedicated teams working on them every day.
I love the customization ability they provide, but again you get that and more with any android device.

Back