types of love

There are many types of love. But the love I can tell you is that one that pains me the most. Unrequited love. Ouch. Just ouch. No matter how much you'd love a person, if they don't love you, there's nothing much to expect in return. It hurts so bad. Yep. I know.

I'm not a philosopher but as far as I'm concerned there're four types of love, according to the ancient Greeks, I believe in them!

AGAPE:

Is unconditional love, when you love someone utterly and completely without wanting them to love you back, and regardless of their flaws. It is like loving for love's sake. The "love your enemy" type of love.

PHILEO:

Is the more tender kind of love, it is the type of love between friends. It is the love that makes you want to get to know more about the person and have a strong relationship with them.

STORGE:

This is the kind of love between family members, like the love between parents and children. It is the type of love that is sacrificial and committed. It is the love that precedes a romantic relationship too.

EROS (PHILIA):

This is the lustful kind of love, that makes you want to "make love" with the other person. It is simply emotional and passionate love for someone that gives a euphoric sensation when you're around them and such.

Of course more could be said but you the picture.

Success in love requires a healthy balance between the four types.

Does that answer your question?

Back