Two domain extension for my domain with same contet?Is this raise duplicate issue?

adriennerich

Two domain extension for my domain with same contet?Is this raise duplicate issue?
I have two domain extensions for my main site .ie and .com version. Like Example.com (This is my main site) and example.ie (it’s not indexed in Google).
My site is targeting not only in Ireland but also in UK and the .com version of site is well indexed in Google and I don't want to prefer that .ie version instead of .com version.

Only url is different, content and everything is the same. Is 301 redirection is needed for .ie version or do I want to add canonical tag to my .ie domain. Is this is a must?

or can I hide the .ie version using robot.txt?

Hi
I suspect I know the answer to this but would like to have it confirmed.
I have been speaking to a company the last couple of weeks who have 2 domains with the exact same content. Possible a third but they haven't supplied a link.
This from all I've read would be a huge problem for ranking and SEO. What would be the best way to deal with this ?
I did do a search and found articles/questions on same content on the same site and in articles etc but nothing about exactly the same websites on 2 domains.
Cheers David.

Back