Three free tools every Web Designer should use!

Hawkthorne

Saving time is always handy when it comes to web design, but the following three tools are not only great time savers but won't cost you a dime, either. :D

First up is the CSS Button Generator. As it says on the tin, this website allows you to configure a button and then generates the relevant CSS code so you can quickly incorporate it into your design. No more image buttons to slow down your page, and what's more, editing your buttons in the future will be much more simple.

CSS Button Generator: http://www.cssbuttongenerator.com/

Next we have the 'Ultimate' CSS Gradient Generator. Similarly to the previous tool, this site allows you to pick a gradient of whatever level of complexity you desire, and quickly (freely, too! :rolleyes:) generate the CSS so you can quickly add it into your sites design. Let's face it, who doesn't like gradients? I can't get enough of this site when designing :eek:

Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator: http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

Finally, moving away from CSS, is the Noise Texture Generator. Yet again another tool in the form of a website, this handy page lets you select various options such as Colour and Intensity, and as soon as you click 'Download Now!' it will be all yours for implementation wherever you want. Considering the ever-growing popularity for Noise Textures, this site will prove invaluable to those who like to keep up with design trends.

Noise Texture Generator: http://www.noisetexturegenerator.com/

That's all I can think of form the top of my head, but feel free to reply with your own tools and I'll update this post. Thanks for reading! :cool:

Thank you for sharing these websites! I have them all bookmarked, and I'll be sure to use them as I try to progress as a website developer. I found the first website you posted, with automatic CSS button making particularly helpful. The way that it's set up is just perfect for my needs, and the buttons that it ends up creating look very professional and are so easy to make.

Responsive web design is the concept of developing a website design to help the layout change according to the user’s computer screen resolution. It affects layout (including menus), image/video size, and now even the amount of text you can view on a page as the browser size is reduced. The resultant sites keep the most important elements on screen and prioritized, no matter the browser size and orientation. Three most essential elements of a responsive web design are:

Fluid Layouts
Flexible Images
Media Queries
As a business owner and as a web expert, we need to understand the value of Responsive Web Designs from a design, development and marketing point of view Like the same which are now a days considered as the most essential part on mostly all of the web designing services and their domain part like as the Recent advancement in web designing such as CakePhp development services , Codeigniter Development services Etc . Before employing or adopting a responsive design there are several key components that need to be understood:

Design Process
Development Considerations
SEO Impact
Design Process

Website design Services is a complicated process. Adding a responsive element makes that an even more complicated process. When a site is designed to be responsive; it requires two additional designs: one for tablet size resolution and another for mobile devices.

Rea more: Web Design 101: What you need to know about Responsive Web Designs

Back