Thoughts on the wii U

jodiday

I know its a childs toy, ( im guilty of playing too hehehe) however my son pestered him to buy him one and as a gamer myself couldnt refuse! We opened the box.. set it up.. and I have to say what a dissapointment!!! Its just like the old wii, but with a big bulky useless "tablet" like controller. your thoughts?

I never was a fan of the Wii console, it's more of a novelty gaming system in my opinion. It's only ever fun a couple of times when you first play it, but it gets old really fast, I suppose it's because the games are a little simpler compared to other consoles, not that it's a bad thing. It's a lot more fun for people who are a bit casual about gaming because you don't really have to learn too many complicated button combos, you can just pick it up and play instantly and I think that's where the strength of the console lies.

I like where they were going with the idea. Nintendo had this under production for quite some time and refused to let it sink. However I think while in production someone had to say it was getting old quick with the tablet idea and they might have added some other features like playing the same game, except walking around. I feel like they could have done so much more with this idea but failed.

I could sense this was going to be just a newly shaped Wii, right from the beginning. Nintendo tends to release more systems than whats really needed. I can't even keep up with how many handhelds they've come out with. If I get one, it'll probably be from craigslist where I'll be begged for $50 just to take it off their hands, in about a year from now.

I think the WiiU looks amazing. I had a Wii a few years ago and had a bunch of games for it. I got a bit tired of it and sold it and got an Xbox 360. I don't have a WiiU but I was actually really considering purchasing one.

Back