Text Sitemap?

I believe a text sitemap is a txt file that includes all of your website links so Google can determine which links are on your site, etc. It's very related to sitemaps. Sitemaps is basically a file or page that contains all the links of the pages on your website that you want everyone to know about. A sitemap will help the visitors that come to your website to redirect to what they're looking for, as well as help Google to find what they're looking for. I believe text sitemap and sitemap are closely related to eachother.

General opinion on the web is that XML sitemap is better because it allows for additional information. I yet have to see the real advantage of XML website over txt in the SEO.

There are three type of Sitemaps for a website HTML Sitemap that is for visitors, XML Sitemaps for Search engines and ROR Sitemap that stands for Ruby on Rails Sitemap.

Text sitemap in sitemap generator though since it might be useful to have a plain list of all your website links for reference in one place, a single text file.

Text sitemap file is a .txt file with URL of your sites. This file can be submitted to google in webmaster tool so that it can spider your sites.

There are a bunch of plugins for Wordpress which can easily do this for you. It's a good practice to have one, especially if there are some issues with your sites navigation causing some pages to otherwise be inaccessible.

Tex sitemap is basically the map of the entire structure o your blog/website or forum that you submit to Google to help your content getting indexed in the search engine.

sitemap generator text-formatted sitemap was used to submit your pages to Yahoo search engine. Later though Yahoo announced support of XML sitemaps, and it's not used for search engines anymore. We have kept the option to create text sitemap in sitemap generator though since it might be useful to have a plain list of all your website links for reference in one place, a single text file.

Back