Text Editor Tools

Prince25

Text editors are useful tools that allow programers and web designers to save files as the appropriate type. Jedit, Web Tide and NotePad++ are some Text Editor tools.

Personally, I have jEdit, Notepad++ and some other light-weight editors. Even though I rarely use them since I've other paid advanced tool. But, I still believe they are important to have by every good designer and developer.

I've always just used Notetab Light (they also offer a pro version). For HTML and CSS I do most of my coding in Dreamweaver, but for quick one off things when I don't feel like loading up Dreamweaver, I will do it in Notetab. I've been meaning to play around with Adobe Edge Code more though, to see if I would like that or not. I've even used Excel from time to time, when I need to bulk create some large amounts of HTML from a big data set.

The only editing tool I use is Notepad ++ as it's one of the best in business and it's free.

I've always just used Notetab Light (they also offer a pro version). For HTML and CSS I do most of my coding in Dreamweaver, but for quick one off things when I don't feel like loading up Dreamweaver, I will do it in Notetab. I've been meaning to play around with Adobe Edge Code more though, to see if I would like that or not. I've even used Excel from time to time, when I need to bulk create some large amounts of HTML from a big data set.

I prefer Dreamwaever as well. Although, I use Notepad when I'm doing something very simple or on a computer that Dreamweaver isn't installed on.

I use NotePad++ too. I have been using it for a very long time. I have heard good things about Dreamweaver, but NotePad++ is light and uncomplicated. One day, I will give Dreamweaver a test drive.

notepad, gedit and comando edit, dreamweaver are the web and griphis design tool.........................................

Dreamweaver and Notepad++, those are the two I use the most. Advantages for Dreamweaver is, well its not free, and you need to learn it first. But it has a bunch of tools and is very complex. Notepad++ is what I use the most, its free and its light. You can take it anywhere, and it doesn't lack the tools that you need to be code on the go. And for a software that is that small, it packs a lot of punch.

DW is quite expensive but worth every penny invested. I dont use it as I run Ubuntu. And the best I have for use is NetBeans - the PHP version. It does help me write all code without much of issues. It also has inline tag support like the DW and that helps in case I am unsure what the property or the value for the property is supposed to be

Back