Terrific Statistical/Analytics Plugin

NicheGuy

I can track my phpBay feeds for eBay products on my niche sites on Google Analytics but I need more, a way to track other outbound links and I found a plugin that really offered much more than I bargained for all in my admin area.

It's called WP SlimStat

It's a powerful real-time web analytics plugin for WordPress.

Main Features

- Real-time web analytics reports
- Compatible with W3 Total Cache, WP SuperCache
- Modern, easy to use and customizable interface (you can move boxes around and hide the ones you don't need)
- Possibly the most accurate IP geolocation, browser and platform detection
- World Map that works on your mobile device

And a whole lot more. Find it at WP SlimStat

How long have you been using it? Was it easy to install? How much is it? Are there any alternatives that you know of?

It's free but like many plugins there are paid upgrades but you don't need it. This gives you everything and the kitchen sink as well.

I might as well look at it since Google Analytics seem not to give you the keyword for visitors who were logged in with their Google accounts.

I am also testing Clicky right now on some of my sites and I will try to compare it with WP slimstat and see which one works better for me. :)

dane, when you say the "keyword" am I to understand you are looking for the reason as to why someone stopped by your site? Which word or article that made them interested?

Thank you for sharing this, I will have to look more into this to understand how it works compared to Google Analytics. This sounds like an interesting tool, but you also need to make sure the business definitions of what it's reporting match up to Google Analytics or any other analytics packages you are using, so the metrics are all apples to apples.

Ohio, you know I question you frequently. When you do the comparison, can you come back and let us know if both should be used or one over the other?

Back