Terabyte Internet in 2032?

MedicAlert

Been bored lately and seeing that we should be on Mars and flying cars should be a common place back in 2000 according to the people in the 1920s, i've been doing the same for the next 100+ years.

They say that the world would be much more harsh and unforgiving and humanity would be transformed and colonize in the next 1000 years, but they say here: 2032 tech foresight | Leatherback Sea Turtle Population Graph | Future Timeline | Humanity | Technology | Singularity | 2030 | 2030s | World Tin Reserves | 21st century | Bangkok 2030 | Kidney Cancer Five Year Survival Rate | Leukemia Five Year Survi that the internet would be accessible for everyone on the planet and internet speeds would far sirpass the meager speeds we have today.

So, are you ready for the new age of Web 4.0 and 1 TB/s? :rolleyes:

for people who won't click on the link for whatever reason:

In addition to the benefits resulting from Web 4.0 (described earlier), connection speeds have also vastly improved. Bandwidth has been growing by roughly 50% each year. Many homes and offices in the developed world now have a terabit connection.* Many of these connections are now appearing on people themselves, in the form of wearable or implantable devices.

In the US I think the Government will soon take more control of the internet. When they do this development will come to a crawling halt and we will not see the advancements that other countries see.

In the US I think the Government will soon take more control of the internet. When they do this development will come to a crawling halt and we will not see the advancements that other countries see.

I agree on the Government part. You can already see bills in Congress doing that (remember SOPA?) were struck down, but the mere fact that they were considered in the first place is alarming.

But, development will never stop if the user demand is so high. The government or private businesses will be forced to do so.

I can't wait. Imagine the type of content we could come up with when technology and internet speeds advance even further. Just by measuring the improvement on the quality of Youtube videos alone in the past year makes me very optimistic. I do agree with a lot of the members here that said that the government will probably find a way to get their grubby hands on here some way just as they always do, but at least since we are here to protect it we have a fighting chance as opposed to all the other laws and rules that we were already born with.

I am not looking that far into the future yet. There is every possibility that the world as we know it is going to change drastically in the next few years. One thing that is already on its way into the market is Google Glass. It's a very disturbing development because even if just 1 in 10 persons use Google Glass, privacy will become something of the past. That's very frighteningly like Big Brother come alive.

There's been some speculation about this, and the general consensus is if this happened, other countries would end up creating their own 'internets', resulting in a fragmented mess.

As for the future, brain implants are what will really change things. You won't need phones, or Google Glass or any external device. You'll be able to think a command and it will happen. You'll be able to record anything you see/hear/feel, even your experiences, and to 'phone' someone you'll just think a message them. Basically telepathy.

For the nearer future, yes, Google Glass is going to be big, I totally agree. It will probably spark quite a backlash too. I've already read of places that have pre-banned them.

Back