Sparkol Videoscribe

OhioTom76

This isn't an endorsement or affiliate link, so I will just get that out of the way first. I recently came across this program while searching for animation tools and wanted to share it here:

VideoScribe - Sparkol VideoScribe

It's a pretty unique product for what it does, if not a limited product as well. Basically it created "sketch" animations that you can use for intros or demonstration videos. In other words, it creates little movies where a hand comes on the screen holding a pen, and quickly draws out illustrations and text in an animated fashion to help tell a story. You can add your own voice narration and music to go along with it as well. Think of it as kind of like a more dynamic Powerpoint presentation (only it's exported as a video file).

There are some limited options, such as changing the "hand" that does the animation, the type of pen they are holding, a very limited set of fonts to choose from and it also comes bundled with a set of graphical elements. You can also add your own custom graphics as well - though I will warn you there is no option to remove them from your "favorites" currently, so make sure to un-check that option when importing them.

You just basically drag your text and graphical elements to the stage and it handles all the animation for you - that's about it.

Back