Social Media Network traffic - is it the most important form of traffic?

John_graphix

Traffic directed from social media networks typically has a relatively high rate of engagement, not half due to the excellent tools for targeting and analytics that are typically built in to the ad frameworks of social media platforms. As long as you don't break the TOS, fan pages are a more stable source of traffic too, since Facebook is perfectly happy for you to have a popular fan page, but Google wants to mess with your page ranking like no other.

Really good social optimization can drive a pretty high traffic volume, too. I don't know - what do you guys think?

John_graphix this is a very important discussion and i see that the impact of social media will increase day by day. The way Google keeps on changing its search results no body can trust Google as a source of traffic any more. One has to find alternate and stable ways to bring traffic to websites.

Another reason why the social media traffic is most important and trust worthy is that the people who come to you website through social media have some sort of confidence in you because they are already coming from a reference. They will pay more attention and if they become your regular visitors then they will keep on coming again and again.

the people who come to you website through social media have some sort of confidence in you because they are already coming from a reference. They will pay more attention and if they become your regular visitors then they will keep on coming again and again.

Hey, I hadn't thought of that before but that's totally true. I wonder what the name for that psychological phenomenon is?

Anyways social networks have developed a lot of credibility over the past few years especially, and it can't be a bad thing to try and borrow some of that credibility. At least I hope it can't be a bad thing. Makes sense to me.. Right??

I think that social media is a great way to promote and receive quality traffic to your site. It is also the number one way to advertise for free. I think that the more traffic you can get for free the better. The previous posters (aimos_guru) is right on target with the visitors from social media paying more attention and staying longer on your site. Time on your site should be the next thing you worry about after getting traffic to your site. The longer each visitor stays on your site the better.

With social media it all comes down to money. Advertising is a big business and the more promotion and advertising you can do for free the better.

Social media sites are great because they allow you to target your traffic and build up a clientele. Google has its place too, but it's a good thing if you can combine the two. It's never good to have all your eggs in one basket, as they say. Social media is good traffic, though, if you know how to use it.

Social media network traffic? Yes, it's important but I am not sure if it's the most important form of traffic. If it really is the most important form of traffic, I would imagine all the SEO gurus concentrating on it. Then the social media network would be flooded with all kinds of spammy content. That would be a disaster. I hope social media networks like Facebook have something in hand to stop this from happening.

John_graphix this is a very important discussion and i see that the impact of social media will increase day by day. The way Google keeps on changing its search results no body can trust Google as a source of traffic any more. One has to find alternate and stable ways to bring traffic to websites.

Another reason why the social media traffic is most important and trust worthy is that the people who come to you website through social media have some sort of confidence in you because they are already coming from a reference. They will pay more attention and if they become your regular visitors then they will keep on coming again and again.

I agree with this. It certainly puts anyone more at ease. I suppose it creates a lot more of a personal to the link you are clicking when it comes directly from the creator as opposed to finding a link randomly from Google. I know that I surely feel this way just speaking from a consumer's perspective, so I just try to apply it in my business, so yes I do think it is very important. Whether or not it is the most important, I don't know, and I guess depending on your popularity on any social site, it should vary as to whether it proves to be more lucrative than having a good SEO campaign on search engines as well.

This isn't always true. Not for me anyway. There are lots of people I interact with on Facebook who never felt the urge to visit my site. Not that I am blaming them. Just saying that being friends on Facebook doesn't mean that they must visit your site. Like what happened to someone I know of. He's complaining that his site page on Facebook gets thousands of likes but nary a visit.

You can get great traffic to your business website through social media sites. These sites play very important role in generating referral traffic through social sites.

Buy Followers:D

This isn't always true. Not for me anyway. There are lots of people I interact with on Facebook who never felt the urge to visit my site. Not that I am blaming them. Just saying that being friends on Facebook doesn't mean that they must visit your site. Like what happened to someone I know of. He's complaining that his site page on Facebook gets thousands of likes but nary a visit.

I agree with you, and I think that social media traffic sometimes can be very low quality traffic, by my opinion traffic from search engines is the best one :)

I think that social media is a great way to promote and receive quality traffic to your site. It is also the number one way to advertise for free. I think that the more traffic you can get for free the better. The previous posters (aimos_guru) is right on target with the visitors from social media paying more attention and staying longer on your site. Time on your site should be the next thing you worry about after getting traffic to your site. The longer each visitor stays on your site the better.

With social media it all comes down to money. Advertising is a big business and the more promotion and advertising you can do for free the better.

i have same think with you, social network increase traffic website is good, but if you have sale and sell product, i need run FB ads, :)

Back