Social Bookmarking

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcrmr

Banned
I often hear that the easiest way to increase your website is Bookmarking.

Help me know if it is true or so.

Social BookMarking Tools And Ways

Yes if one is good at engaging people and drive them towards their website then it is good. For that to happen you must a powerful portfolio on major Social BookMarking website like Stumbleupon, Digg etc where many people follow you and the things you share are taken seriously by other members of the community. Facebook likes are also very powerful and one can not forget the importance of Facebook likes when it comes to Social Book Marking.

Social Bookmarks got a lot more juice since the Google Penguin update. Some people even managed to rank #1 on Google by only using Social Bookmarks. Of course, you should always diverse it. Add some Blog Comments, Web 2.0, mixed with the Social Bookmarks and I assure you, you will receive a high ranking on Google.

Social Bookmarking is a great technique in SEO to increase site traffic & popularity and improve its ranking in search engine result pages.
You can also build brand authority by creating a Brand Page on Facebook and promote it.

Matt Cutts himself has already come out and publicly said that the latest updates to Google have started to give more weight to social bookmarking sites and their links. So if the man in charge says it's positive thing, that's good enough for me!

Social bookmarking has gotten more juice in the latest updates because Google sees it as fitting in to their new strategy of only ranking high-quality and useful content well. In other words, they think if people actually socially bookmark your page then the content is good. so it seems to be time to add social bookmarks to our SEO strategies.

Social bookmarking? Isn't that a rather odd name for something that involves people? Makes me think that we are turning people we know into pages of a book. Like we put a bookmark on a page that we like and want to come back to again. I would say social engagement would be more appropriate. To engage socially with other people in cyber space can be a way to get around. Like somebody said, it's not how many people you know that makes a difference - it's how many people know you.

I will say that social bookmarking is really effective in many ways..

1. Rapid indexing via social bookmarking sites.
2. Traffic generation via social bookmarking sites.
3. Personal branding via social bookmarking sites.
4. Quick quality back links via social bookmarking sites.

Social bookmarking has gotten more squeeze in the last upgrades on the grounds that Google sees it as fitting into their new methodology of just standing high caliber and suitable substance well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back