Smartphone backup

kai_uk

There is now a lot of data on your phone, as they are like mini computers. Do you back up all the data or leave it to chance? If you do a backup, which program do you use and where does it backup to (cloud, connected computer, etc)?

It depends on what kind of data I want to back up. I usually have photos in which I want to back up on my microsd card. It is very convenient to just transfer my photos from my phone to my computer.

I store most of my things on an SD card which I back up regularly (in case I lose it or something). As for the phone itself, I do a clockworkmod backup every few months just in case something goes wrong and I don't lose all my apps or notes that are stored on the phone. I don't really like "cloud backup" solutions because they typically use a lot of data and aren't as reliable. I trust only myself and my hard drives.

Android is pretty good about backing up a lot of your stuff automatically. When you get a new smartphone, generally all you have to do is enter in your Google account info, and it will pull down all your contacts and emails that it had stored. As for other files, you can always send them to something like Google Drive if they aren't already backed up.

What is your personal data and where is it stored?
Basic emergency quick copy method
Storage drives
The solution for "You need to free up space on the startup disk"

I never ever considered backing up my smartphone.

Most of my important information is also located on cloud type service. I use Evernote for just about everything. The Evernote app syncs with the website. That also goes for my to-do and calendar app. So, I guess my smartphone data is backed up.

The Most Trusted and Popular Leo Privacy Guard Protector for Android, keeping your phone safe from annoying snoopers and prying eyes.

When you get a new smartphone, generally all you have to do is enter in your Google account info, and it will pull down all your contacts and emails that it had stored. As for other files, you can always send them to something like Google Drive if they aren't already backed up.

Back