Smarthphone/mini tablet/tablet/ultrabook/laptop

GGovan

So since there is a flood in our market with so many gadgets that end up doing almost the same.
Almost everyone carries at least one of those in their pockets every single day.
Which one of these five on the list do you think that is unnecessary?
For me, Smartphones were always necessary, and since a smartphone is as good as a mini-tablet/tablet for me, I don't really see any use for tablets.
I'd just carry a smartphone and my laptop for college/work. ultrabooks are on peoples choice as a alternative to the laptop. I rather have my laptop because I prefer to have all the power needed for heavy graphical computing and processing, the bigger size and weight is no problem for me.

So what about you? Which one of these do you think that is unnecessary? And don't tell me that you carry all those 5 devices around everyday..

For me smartphones and a tablet is what I carry around with me. Note however that I am on field and it is essential for me to be travelling light. At the end of the day, I upload what I've gathered for the day into my laptop in order to have more power for computing and doing graphical editing. So, mini tablets and ultrabooks are things that I can do without.

For me smartphones and a tablet is what I carry around with me. Note however that I am on field and it is essential for me to be travelling light. At the end of the day, I upload what I've gathered for the day into my laptop in order to have more power for computing and doing graphical editing. So, mini tablets and ultrabooks are things that I can do without.

Indeed, I've seen that the tablet has a better use for professional purposes instead of a fun gadget to have at home.
And also what kind of field work do you practice? I've seen many gas and electricity companies working with tablets because it's just ideal to write quick data on the field.

There is an overwhelming flood of new gadgets in the technology industry these days. My essentials have always been my smartphone and my laptop. I do not feel like I could possibly need anything else. I think for my lifestyle, tablets are unnecessary. I've been using my laptop as my main form of internet connection for awhile. I think that my smartphone and laptop give me the majority of the same functions that a tablet would. With this being said, I definitely also feel that mini tablets are unnecessary because I don't even use regular tablets. I've played with tablets before in retail stores, but I don't feel the need to invest in one.

If it'd be for my needs then I'd cut Mini tablet, tablet and ultrabook from the list. For me at this moment those are unnecessary and would probably not be used after one week of trying them out.

TnE9Hh

I carry around my laptop. I don't have a smartphone. Even if I did, I would prefer to access the internet via my laptop. I have a plain old flip phone.

Edit: I put the captcha code in the title of this post. I can't remove it. LOL!

Last edited:
Ultrabook for me.

I would cut out all the rest and keep the ultrabook. The reason is simple. It's light. It's powerful. And it can even be configured to work like a phone with a headset-microphone combo. Of course, my choice is only suitable for me and myself because I am not very mobile. When I go out, I like to leave the world of internet behind so that I can interact with real life.

I am a smartphone and tablet kind of guy. For me its all about business so these 2 work well for me and fits perfectly in my bag. Laptops is good but its if you need that extra power that a tablet don't offer but I leave that bad boy at home where it is needed more.

Shopping for a tablet can be a confusing experience. Have a look at each of our tablet reviews of the best tablets and our tablet purchasing guide to compare models and find the right versions for your needs.

Leo Privacy Guard app enables you to hide applications like emails, messages, shopping apps, banking apps, photos etc. from people you don’t deem fit.

I would cut out all the rest and keep the ultrabook. The reason is simple. It's light. It's powerful. And it can even be configured to work like a phone with a headset-microphone combo. Of course, my choice is only suitable for me and myself because I am not very mobile. When I go out, I like to leave the world of internet behind so that I can interact with real life.

I think it comes down to preferences, in my opinion a laptop is only necessary if you need to do a lot of typing. If you're just navigating social media and using simple applications, a tablet is a better choice. A smartphone is an essential part of our modern lives and one of the devices we cannot live without. Ultrabooks are only necessary if you need that extra processing power or you can afford a sleek, slim and beautiful powerhouse of a laptop. If I were to be honest, I'd personally rather have a Chromebook as Chrome OS is a simple and fluid operating system.

So to sum it up, I'd say the least necessary one is a mini tablet as it's useless.

Back