Sharing my tour of Jaisalmer - Part 1

OliverBierhoff

Hi friends, starting a thread on my trip to Jaisalmer, Rajasthan India, and I am sure that after going through this, you will love to visit the desert city of India.

So, in March'18, we planned a 5 days trip to Jaisalmer from New Delhi. It was me and 4 of my friends who work at Skyscanner India. We guys are in India as our firm is expanding its reach in India's ever-growing passenger Air flights. So, as we have previously been to cities like Agra, Jaipur, Jim Corbett, Ranthambore (we love the tiger safari parks in India), Jodhpur, so this we decided to plan a trip to Jaisalmer. It was always in our wish list as in August'17 we were in Jodhpur for 3 days, and from there Jaisalmer is only 5 hours away.

So Jaisalmer it was and our admin made arrangements for us like he booked train tickets of Delhi Jaisalmer express 14659, which cost us Euro 75, or Rs 6000 for 4 people in the 3rd AC Class bogie. The train leaves from DELHI (DLI) Railway Station at 5:30 PM, but we catch it from Gurgaon station at 6:30 pm, as Gurgaon station is closer from our residence. The whole trip was an 18 hour and we reached Jaisalmer next day noon. I wish I could have got a flight, as even Delhi Mumbai train is 12-13 hours.

And this is how we reached Jaisalmer, and in next thread, I will share the complete list of activities and tourist sites which we explored in Jaisalmer, and Sam sand dunes.

And guys, if you need any assistance in planning a holiday tour of Jaisalmer, then just check this site jaisalmertourpackage.in

So on Day 1, we checked in our booked hotel, Fort Rajwada, which has mixed reviews on Tripadvisoe but our local travel agent gave us 100% customer satisfaction garuntee. So, we checked in the hotel by noon, had rest for 2 hour, had lunch, and then headed for Vyas Chhatri, which is a umberalla type structure, named after Vyas muni, the saint who write the book of Mahabharat.

Later in the evening we attended the puppet show presented by Mr NK Sharma, who is a fanous historian on Jaisalmer, and has written 3 books on the city culture. The show was organized near Gadisar lake which was the last sites we explored in Jaisalmer on Day 1. By night we had our dinner at the hotel, and sleped by 11 am as we wanted to start the tour of Jaisalmer Golden Fort early on Day 2. More on that later.

Attachments

• Delhi Jaisalmer express.jpg
    Delhi Jaisalmer express.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back