Rewriting Articles

luifranc

Some people do rewrite or just rephrase their articles on their websites especially the ones that falls on the informative category. I don't that Google's latest update can still trace that though although there is a possibility in the future that they would. Are you practicing the same thing? It's what people call article spinning.

I suggest if you want to article spin to write it yourself so it makes sense. There are sites out there that can do it for you, but I find them to be pretty poor and make the article unreadable.

That's not article spinning, it's rewriting. Spinning is a very different thing and is always bad.

I've only ever rewritten content when I want to sell it: if I've produced articles for my own sites and think other people will pay for similar ideas, then I'll redo the work and put them up for sale. But I'll only sell them once - anything more and I'd feel like I were cheating! :)

Google can detect article spinning in multiple ways. If you consider services such as Copyscape, all they would have to do is implement something similar and raise the lower the similarity threshold to flag more sites than Copyscape does. The other way they catch it is through human search engine quality evaluators. They're coached in identifying low quality content that appears to have been re-written or spun from other sources. Spun articles usually contain very poor and illogical grammar and are easy to spot.

Rewriting is not spinning

I think we must be aware of the distinction between spinning an article and re-writing it.

When you spin an article, the basic idea is to substitute the words in the original article with equivalent words so that the spun article appears to be different but is exactly the same as the original. Sort of like changing from "I saw a dog" to saying "I observed an canine." A spun article has no value of it's own. Maybe some stupid computer program may be fooled into thinking a spun article is different from the original but any sensible human being can see through it in less that three seconds, which is probably how long it takes to read a couple of sentences.

An article that is re-written is a totally different kettle of fish together. You can re-write three articles based on the same information and every one of those three articles can be unique, being able to stand on its own merits.

For example, you do research on a haunted castle in England. Then you write an article about that castle from the historical perspective. After that you re-write the article but this time round you emphasize the spooky ambiance of the place. The third time round, you re-write the article concentrating on how the castle is now being used as a venue for medieval-style weddings. So you have three articles based on the same information but each and every one of the articles are unique and they posses value in the way the content is presented.

That, of course, is how I see it. You may have a different take on the matter.

Article spinning works but you need to remember that you have to spin an article intelligently to reap maximum benefits. Try to include images, videos as well as unique synonyms and phrases within your article so that search engines are not able to classify it as spun content. Make certain sections and paragraphs from your articles optional so that it appears totally unique to search engines and human visitors alike. The more efforts you put into spinning your articles, the more long term benefits you are going to see.

Yes, I rewrite my articles. I have to chose my words very carefully because I have strict guidelines to follow regarding content for my main blog. I'm in a regulated industry. Article spinning is something completely different which has been explained very well in this thread.

I somehow practice this type of thing, it didn't do much to my site actually even if would rewrite everything just to make tons of contents to my site, I think it wouldn't do great even if it would make it appear like I have tons of contents. These type of contents are seem like rewrite from someone else site too considering I have lots of competitors. :D

Here's one way to re-write profitably

I somehow practice this type of thing, it didn't do much to my site actually even if would rewrite everything just to make tons of contents to my site, I think it wouldn't do great even if it would make it appear like I have tons of contents. These type of contents are seem like rewrite from someone else site too considering I have lots of competitors. :D

Here's an idea. If you are talking about your own site, and you would like to re-write articles to create more content, then what you can do is to create a few writer profiles. Make each writer have a different personality. Then based on the same information which you have researched, write a few articles using the different voices of the different writers. This way you can have more content, your readers will have a choice of viewpoints and you won't get penalized for spinning, I hope.

I suggest if you want to article spin to write it yourself so it makes sense. There are sites out there that can do it for you, but I find them to be pretty poor and make the article unreadable.

I second that.. its better to write articles on your own with best choice of words than to make use of such sites that makes the article complete nonsense.

Back