Reduce Server Response Time

Albertwu

Hi,

Google PageSpeed insights actually has some good insights. Minify CSS, optimize images, leverage browser caching, etc.

But then Google says I need to reduce server response time. And their guidance here is less than helpful:

Gather and inspect existing performance and data. If none is available, evaluate using an automated web application monitoring solution (there are hosted and open source versions available for most platforms), or add custom instrumentation.
Identify and fix top performance bottlenecks. If you are using a popular web framework, or content management platform, consult the documentation for performance optimization best practices.
Monitor and alert for any future performance regressions!

Right, very actionable advice there.

So what exactly should I be inspecting? Where do I find bottlenecks? The dev team is fixing all the other issues, but I don't know what determined server response time (as opposed to page load times).

I have a website MakeShift Lifestyle which basically deals with portable cabins, offices and houses.

Somebody told me that the more the nearer the location of server from the visitor. the less is the server response time.

I have an Australian hosting (servers hosted at Virgin Islands) but my main target market is India & Asia.

So should I change the server location to India or Asia. or keep it there.

what should I do to reduce the server response time for mysite?

Please do help...

Back