Recommend a site to learn HTML

calebmelvern

I want to learn HTML because I'm planning to create my own website. I have absolutely no experience with HTML before, save a few basic lines that I use in the content sites I write for. If you know of an ebook about HTML for beginners, I would appreciate it too. Thank you in advance!

I really enjoy a lot of the tutorials at WebDesignTuts

The Best Way to Learn HTML | Webdesigntuts+

They have a whole network of other sites as well with tutorials on other stuff such as Illustrator, and Photoshop.

Css-Tricks.com is a great site and forum for advanced CSS techniques. They can also answer a lot of your questions.

I have heard great things about w3school.

It's been many years, but I learned HTML with a HtML for Dummies book and the hands on approach. If I had to learn today, I would check out a few tutorials on YouTube. YouTube has some really great tutorials. It's great especially if you're a visual learner.

Well, I think you should check W3schools as well as Code Academy. I've tested both out and they're good for both the theoretical and practical part of coding. However, put in mind that HTML won't get you anywhere, you need to learn more in order to make a good website.

Back when I first learned, I started with books. However, I later found the w3schools, which was very helpful for me. There's tutorials and quizzes to help you see how well you're grasping it. Check it out. It's actually pretty useful if you ask me.

Back