Processors For 3D Games

hisslikesnake

Please suggest some good processors for playing 3D games as I will be buying a PC soon with a core i7 processor. Which series or number will be the best for playing 3D games as they are CPU intensive and may stuck or perform poorly if some body have low grade or poor processing speed.

So please tell with your experience that which processor I should go for to get the best performance for playing 3D games.

Well if it's a modern i7 CPU then it will have at least an Intel HD 4000 graphics chip built in. That's good enough for most games on low. If you want to play some proper games look for anything by AMD with 76** and up or Nvidia 66* and up!

When you say processor do you mean CPU or GPU? I think an i3, i5 or i7 are all fine for gaming - but what you really need is a decent GPU (graphics processor on the graphics card). Nvidia and Radeon are the big boys in this field and if you're a serious gamer then go for a high end graphics card. DO NOT go for an integrated graphics card (part of the motherboard), whatever specs they say will not work on 3D games, it will lag like hell. Always buy a separate high end gfx card and in fact many games require it as a minimum spec or it simply will not run.

When you say processor do you mean CPU or GPU? I think an i3, i5 or i7 are all fine for gaming - but what you really need is a decent GPU (graphics processor on the graphics card). Nvidia and Radeon are the big boys in this field and if you're a serious gamer then go for a high end graphics card. DO NOT go for an integrated graphics card (part of the motherboard), whatever specs they say will not work on 3D games, it will lag like hell. Always buy a separate high end gfx card and in fact many games require it as a minimum spec or it simply will not run.

Good advice, but this is slightly incorrect as AMD have pretty good graphics built into their CPU's these days. Obviously it's not high end, but it's much better than the old, terrible integrated motherboard graphics.

I guess it depends on budget and how serious you are about gaming. Integrated graphics are cheaper and can run games in low graphic settings, but if you want to play games like Crisis 3 on medium/high quality graphics then you will need to dig a bit deeper into your pockets and get a separate gfx card.

Back