Preferred HTML editor

dagscot

I started on Notepad and still use Notepad++. It's a nice little piece of software and it has little extras that keep me coming back to it. Mostly, I use Dreamweaver. I like the option of being able to get visual feedback of what I'm doing. It's flexible so I can have the code or a visual representation of my work in separate panes. Anyone want to tell me what their preferred HTML editor is?

I pretty much went the same route you did. I started with Notepad ++ then moved up to Dreamweaver. I can not remember what actually made me take the dive into Dreamweaver, but I like it a little more that Notepad++. But still sometimes I open a document in Notepad++ and get a little nostalgic. It really is a great piece of software to learn coding on.

Every now and again I will use regular notepad, then save it and open in Dreamweaver just to see how bad I am at coding with out that constant error check. And yes I am pretty bad.

My preferred HTML editor is also Dreamweaver and there is a solid reason i like it. The reason that i use it for my HTML editing purposes is that it help me with the functions and i do not have to remember all the functions. It will also show the parameters of the functions which makes it pretty easy to code HTML.

If I am just editing a script that was mostly premade, I will just use Notepad, but if I am doing any serious project I use dreamweaver.

Another important reason for me to use dreamweaver is that it's now part of the Adobe software packages. I think it used to be owned by Macromedia, along with Fireworks? So you know when using Dreamweaver, that you're going to have a consistent interface look and feel, as well as compatibility with most of the other Adobe software, ie Photoshop and Illustrator. Flash too.

Another important reason for me to use dreamweaver is that it's now part of the Adobe software packages. I think it used to be owned by Macromedia, along with Fireworks? So you know when using Dreamweaver, that you're going to have a consistent interface look and feel, as well as compatibility with most of the other Adobe software, ie Photoshop and Illustrator. Flash too.

Adobe acquired Macromedia several years ago. For the most part, Dreamweaver blended in pretty seamlessly with their other products. Fireworks on the other hand, still lacks a lot of compatibility with Photoshop and Illustrator however.

Dreamweaver is not necessarily an easy program to master, but it does have a lot of useful functionality to it even if you like to code everything from scratch.

I use Kompozer still. It's free, simple and it works. I don't do any terribly fancy designing and don't often build from scratch with HTML so it doesn't seem worthwhile to learn a more sophisticated program. I like Kompozer because I can easily preview and see if the page is coming along the way I want.

Notepad++ is the best HTML editor for me. No need for big programs like Adobe Dreamweaver. All I'm ever doing while HTML editing is just adding a simple java-script file so there's no need for me to get advanced software.

Notepad++ has been a real godsend to be lately. I used to think it was overrated but it really is brilliant. I would suggest Brackets, an open source editor from Adobe, if you're feeling a little fancy.

My editor of choice has been Notepad++ for a long time. It's pretty much a simple program and gets the work done.

I see a lot of you use Dreamweaver, I have never used that personally. Maybe I should give it a chance.

Well depends greatly on the type of site that I'm working, but most of the times I use Dreamweaver CS5, is very simple to use, and you can easily see how is the website design and etc..

No mention for Microsoft expression web? It is a bit dated now but it has turned into abandonware and can be downloaded and used freely. I am surprised they have stopped production but i guess they couldn't complete with dreamweaver.

Preferred html editor is dreamweaver and notepad. I am using the dreamweaver for editing any coding.....

Back