Planning a website - Strategy tips

I am just a content writer with 6 months of experience. My TL got impressed with me, and asks me to develop a plan for a new website. I just want to know what are the things I should keep in mind to plan how a website should be? (In general)

In regards to your question, instead of taking credit for the ideas I will post below the link from SearchEngineWatch that goes into detail on some excellent suggestions on some things that needs to be done for a new upcoming website.

Website Launch Checklist: 25 Things to Test Before Your Site Goes Live
Website Launch Checklist: 25 Things to Test Before Your Site Goes Live | SEW

In my opinion, one of the most important things is point number:

16. Tools

Make sure Google Analytics or the analytics package you’re using, and Google and Bing Webmaster Tools are set up and ready to go.

In addition I have another checklist that I have visited from time to time that's more "SEO" oriented but it still has some value.

Launching a New Website: 18 Steps to Successful Metrics & Marketing

Launching a New Website: 18 Steps to Successful Metrics & Marketing - Moz

I hope the site articles above will be helpful and somewhat useful in your website endeavors.

There are several things should be in mind When we are planning to create a website. Some important tips are followed :

Research competitor sites
Define clearly the role your website
Determine your content requirements
Decide on the website platform technology
Conduct user testing
Know your audience - and what they need from your website.
Buttons should be Calls-to-Action
The web site should be Mobile-optimized

Make a big list of what you want your website looks like. There is no point in jumping into coding before you have a framework of goals that help define what to build. Since you already have an idea of what website you want to build, you can start coding. And always remember that your website must be a mobile friendly/responsive so that many visitor will visit to your site.

Make sure the site is user-friendly and most of all logical to click around on.
Go to all your competitors sites and take the best ideas from their site with you.
Also considers filters - are they logical for the end-users?

1.Research competitor sites (isd phone number tracker)
Browse the sites of your competitors and any other websites that you enjoy visiting and make a note of layout, features and content that impressed you
2. Define clearly the role your website
3. Determine your content requirements
You will now need to focus on the specifics of your website with regard to what content you would like on the site, what sort of content will appeal to your target audiences and who will be responsible for updating content
4. Decide on the website platform technology
As part of identifying the purpose and function of your website you need not only to consider your customer, but also to consult your staff to identify what features, functions or content could make their lives a little easier
more: http://mobilenumbertrackr.com

Well, there are so many thing that you need to keep in mind like you need to have a knowledge about languages then your content should be good, site should be user & mobile friendly. Speedup your internet, use right keyword & the last thing install analytics like Gostats. It works much better then google analytics. So it might be helpful for you.

Prior starting a website you have to decide what would be the niche of your company. You have to look for a perfect domain name that could relate with your niche. Secondly, you have to analyze what type of content could attract the visitors towartds your website easily. All these could come only when you research how your competitors are doing and what strategies they are employed when they had started their business. This could help you a lot in establishing your business successfully.

Back