Online tools for graphics and design

Soliloquy

Everything around you needs to be designed, from books to calendars, phone directories to DVD covers, posters to logos, scrapbooks to brochures. This intermediate graphic design training program can teach you all of that and more with a focus on design and layout, typography, color theory, brand identity, logo design and publication design.

Now that I’ve graduated I’m working freelance full time. In order to succeed, you need to stand out amongst the crowd, and CD-ED has given me many different things that help me stand out – a good education, current materials and knowledge and simply good manners and professionalism.

If you follow our registered online graphic design course outline and put in the required hours, we guarantee your success. Below are some of the ways we ensure that you will graduate successfully.

I have used GIMP in the past for web and graphics designing. The good part about GIMP is that it's free, and very similar to Photoshop which costs hundreds of dollars. Other than the few features that GIMP doesn't have which Photoshop does, it's still great for editing and designing images. I'm typically not so great when it comes to photo editing though, I usually don't need professional tools for graphics and designs. I usually just add a little color here and there, and sometimes a little text.

This is a useful tool for creating CSS3 code to style your pages.

Create CSS3 - Easy CSS3 Generator

For vectors and brushes to use in Photoshop, I would check out Vecteezy or it's sister site Brusheezy.

Also, sites like Smashing Magazine offer a lot of freebies on a regular basis.

Would GIMP or Photoshop allow you to actually draw a logo? I was thinking about hiring out the job, but I've been with the image so long that I may not be able to find someone to interpret it correctly. I'm thinking that if I could do a rough sketch, they'd be able to fine tune it. Would I still need a Wacom tablet to make it near effective?

Back