newbiee...silly question..about bloggingg

harry

hello as you will know i am totally newbieee..on blogging..:confused: can anyboddy tell me where do should i get started ....and how do i get my blog ranked.. or what how do i make it into pr4 ..pr1..blogs..any advice is welcome..

Do you have a domain registered or hosting? Or are you going to be blogging on free sites like blogspot? Nobody can give you a post that will make your blog pr4, but ranking in SERPs requires a lot of work. If you hit a micro niche that has little competition is should be cake, but you'll spend days doing keyword research to find the right niche. You can start by using the Google Adwords "keyword tool", set it to exact match and look for keywords that receive more than 1000 views a month. When you find a keyword you think you want to work with, go search that word in google and scout out your competition. If there's a bunch of business locations / google map stuff, or big names like wikipedia and some of the bigger online retailers or anyone with real authority ranking for the word then you'll have your work cut out for you. You're better off starting with keywords that have very little competition when you're first starting as you simply can't compete with the type of resources and authority these big names have at their disposal.

Good luck, you can reply with any questions and I'll try to answer them.

If you are a newbie, a very good place to start is Blogger or Wordpress. They are both free. Myself, I prefer Wordpress because I can progress from the free hosting to my own self-hosted site.

So where to start blogging? I would suggest starting a diary. Just write something everyday. No holidays. Get into the habit of writing everyday first. Write as you would write a diary. Never mind about whether anyone is going to read it or not. Just get those thoughts on paper first. Or rather get those thoughts published in cyber space first.

Once you have started doing that, come back and ask again for more pointers.

Initially, I started blogging through Blogger and then progressed to Wordpress. I am still a work in progress in that I still have a lot of things to learn regarding how to make my blog more popular, but start by getting a domain name (once you have decided on what you want to blog about) and then go from there.

I would echo what Victor has said and start with a Blogger or Wordpress account as this way your blog will be hosted for you, you can worry about hosting it yourself later on.

Actually I know of some people who never bothered to go under the hood and are very happy just using the free Wordpress or Blogger platform. If you are not inclined at all to play with tweaks under the hood, I heard that Blogger is the better choice because you can even set it to your own domain later. Not sure if that's possible with Wordpress but I do know that Wordpress has a managed service which is not cheap.

Actually I know of some people who never bothered to go under the hood and are very happy just using the free Wordpress or Blogger platform.

I actually think the majority of Bloggers are these people. If you do a blog search at least half of them are on Blogger. I found this out when China started blocking Blogger, which made this quite obvious.

Just use Blogger since that is the most convenient. You could just sign up for it and keep adding on it as you go along, like incorporating Adsense and changing the layout. I myself used Blogger to get acquainted with blogging and I certainly have learned a lot compared to when I first started. Just try not to do too much and get overwhelmed too early. Start out slow with a few articles and just focus on small tasks and keep building on that as you go along, soon enough you will have a functional blog that could possibly be watched by millions! Good luck. :)

In my opinion you should start blogging using any of the free blogging platforms such as Blogger and Wordpress. Then you can buy domain for your blog. Nowadays many domains are available for cheap rates. In order to get indexed in search engines like google,yahoo,bing etc you have to post quality contents. If you want to get high page ranks then you need to do research on keywords and learn some SEO techniques.

If you are new to blogging, I would suggest either going to blogger.com or wp.com. Both of the sites offer you a free sub domain, so hosting is free. While you are using the free hosting you could find your favorite niche, age-group, and keywords to specialize in.

hello as you will know i am totally newbieee..on blogging..:confused: can anyboddy tell me where do should i get started ....and how do i get my blog ranked.. or what how do i make it into pr4 ..pr1..blogs..any advice is welcome..

Now question is silly :) We were all new once.

If you want to focus on pagerank, then focus on getting back links (your blog linked on other site). The back links should be on relevant sites or sites directly related to the topic/niche of your blog. Please note that PR is a per page basis so if you homepage is PR6, that doesn't mean your about page will be that as well.

There are a lot of things that you need to take care of if you are a newbie and still haven't gotten the hang of things. Firstly, you need to ensure that you have a good domain name and hosting service. Thereafter, setup your blog in a way that it looks professional and is clutter-free. Once you have done all that, you need to start churning out some content, but that alone won't be enough. You need to find some other blogs in your niche where you can leave your comments to attract people to your blog. Once you get all these things going, you need to just be consistent enough and you will crack the code to make money :)

Since you seem brand new to it all... Maybe try something like Wordpress.com to start and to get used to the blogosphere :) You can always upgrade to a self-hosting WP.org blog later on down the road.

Back