My experience with shared web hosting

IamFarazM

Hey,

My site is getting pretty decent traffic these days, and I am a bit concerned about uptime, security, server resource consumption, etc... Recently, I have got a database error and site went offline. Our hosting support said it was an issue caused by excessive consumption of database. They said my site was sending too many database queries, and it was automatically suspended to keep other sites on the same server operational. Doesn't sounds good, does it?

Well, after request, they have manually unsuspended my account, but I don't want this to happen again. To be honest, I am not willing to go dedicated, because as far as I am concerned, its costly to host? I look forward for any alternatives you can suggest.

There are few hosting companies like fatcow and hostgator that's somehow cheaper than getting dedicated plan. It would be wise to avail from them and then when your site gets to earn enough to pay for dedicated or VPS, then its time to move to it as it will consume more bandwidth later.

Hi,
I would like to share my experience in hosting a website,As i have a small business website which i have hosted with the site TuckTail.com .I choose the economy plan which is provide by the site at the cost of $1.99 per month with 100 GB disk space,unlimited bandwidth,10 MySQL database and 100 email accounts,with 99.9% server up time and 24/7 customer support.

Hi,
I would like to share my experience in hosting a website,As i have a small business website which i have hosted with the site TuckTail.com .I choose the economy plan which is provide by the site at the cost of $1.99 per month with 100 GB disk space,unlimited bandwidth,10 MySQL database and 100 email accounts,with 99.9% server up time and 24/7 customer support.

Hello you should go for godaddy or bluehost or fatcow as they are best in providing their services, have somewhat lower cost and also are good in providing support to clients.

Hi, shared web hosting is not for medium sized or high traffic website, a shared web hosting is only used to host small websites having low traffic or visitors. Therefore, as your website is growing so you must not stop its growth by hosting it on shared hosting, you must upgrade for dedicated resources VPS which will give more boost to your website by increasing its traffic more. Hope you got my point.

Back