MS Office vs Openoffice

willsam

Can somebody tell how was their experience if they have used or have been using Openoffice. Is it safe to install Openoffice as i do not know who the publisher is and as it is a free product will they be there in business to support Openoffice. Also tell me more what how would you compare Openoffice with Microsoft office as i do want to install it but am a bit reluctant because i have never installed it while i have used Microsoft office extensively but can not afford to purchase a new copy or upgrade my old one right now so i was thinking to switch to a free option this time.

When it comes to other features how please tell how do you think about MS Office vs Openoffice and should i go for it.

Compare MS Office And Openoffice

I am using open office from last couple of years now and i have not find any difficulty in using it. It has more features than any normal user would ever use so i fully recommend you to give it a try as it is free after all and its a product off Google which is also a technology giant.

I like MS office.

I don't know I have just always been used to it and find it pretty easy to work with.

Did not take me long to get used to it and find all the controls.

My school used both MS word and Openoffice. They used MS Word initially, but then stopped when it became too expensive. We use Openoffice now, and to be honest I prefer MS Word. It's a lot more user-friendly and easier to navigate. It also loads a lot faster, and I'm pretty sure there's less default font options to choose from. But Openoffice is trustworthy..just inferior to MS Word.

Openoffice is an open source office tool developed by Apache. It has all the features MS-Office have. This tools is sure worth giving a try.

As far as I know Oracle had withdraw their support to Openoffice and that the new one today is LibreOffice which I somehow I think works just like any word processor. These Opensource Office suite works just like Microsoft Office however, some doc files which are created using MS Office are presented differently with LibreOffice. When I say differently, some are disarrange and that you might have to edit once again for printers.

If you are using Linux System, these opensource software are the easiest to find updates and support.

OpenOffice is terrific. It does almost everything that MS Office does and probably some things that can't be done with MS Office. The only feature that I it doesn't have and I wish it did is the summarize feature. In Office, you can summarize pieces but I haven't been able to find a way to do this with Open Office.

It is perfectly safe to download and install, so don't worry about that. OpenOffice is very well known and trustworthy.

If you purchased your PC and MS office comes with for free, then use it. I use Open Office because it is free. Based on my experience, both have a good platform, easy to use and almost have the same tools and functions.

Open Office For Mac

Is there any version of open office for Mac Pc is the functionality same as the windows version. Is it also free version like Windows.

Remember that OpenOffice is free..
If you don't pirate your software Open Office is a good option.
MS is the best out there, but obviously you have to pay for it.

I think choosing between the two depends solely on the user needs. MS Office has a lot of products bundled together of which some I rarely use. Thus can be suitable for mostly big business firms that need to run a lot of processes related to word processing. As for Open Office, It has basic word processing capabilities suitable to small offices.

I love the idea of OpenOffice, but sometimes It does mess up the formatting. It will look OK in OpenOffice, but when you open it up in Word it will look different. I haven't used it for the past few years so maybe it's better now? But for that reason I'll just keep using MS Office.

OpenOffice has been around for a long time now. At one point it was even spun off into a commercial version called Star Office. I haven't tried Libre Office yet, but it has gotten some really good reviews. I think one of the only big complaints I heard about it was it's spreadsheet program - rather than using VBA like Excel, it has it's own language which isn't compatible with Excel.

Use them both. What's nice about Openoffice it will take a Microsoft document open it, you can edit it and save it in the original MS Office format if you wish. Best thing is Openoffice is free. :)

Hello friends, You can customize OpenOffice as per your your needs and improve them as per your desire or use the code to create something new. Thanks

The major difference between MS Office vs Openoffice is the functionality, design, usability and availability.
functionality - MS Office has alot of functions that Openoffice lack
design - MS Office has better design and ease to use while Openoffice give some set back.
usability - As design is good so easier to find the things and more custom options for UI in MS then in Open.
availability - Openoffice is avial for all kin of platform and it can work for all file type as well as you can save in diffrenet format as well. There MS Offcie get stuck.

In general, there are several reasons why Microsoft Office may not be installed on the computer. Most likely, a pirated copy was downloaded, which often causes problems. It is always better to buy a licensed version of Microsoft Office. Here is a page where products can be bought safely at low prices: Office 2019 Professional Plus
With the licensed version of this software, one will definitely have no problems. I've been using this software package for more than a year and a half and everything fits.

Back