Microsoft Fined 561 Million Euro

truevagabond

Have any heard of this news that Microsoft have been fined 561 million Euros for not giving user the option to choose browsers and making internet explorer default choice. What do you think of this news and how will it impact Microsoft.

Users should have the liability to choose their own browser by preference, not force them to use Internet Explorer. Anyway, the fine of 561 million euro is no problem for a multi-billion company like Microsoft.

Users should have the liability to choose their own browser by preference, not force them to use Internet Explorer. Anyway, the fine of 561 million euro is no problem for a multi-billion company like Microsoft.

They're a multi-billion dollar company, but 561 million is a LOT of money, so it's a problem for them, because now that have to find a way to fork out that cash which might not be available. They still have to pay their employees.

I agree that users should have the option to choose their browser. I never use Internet Explorer, it's a useless piece of junk.

This is just retarded..
How can't we choose our OS?
Doesn't every iphone ormac come with Safari?
They created the Internet explore, and placed it on their own OS. What's wrong in here?
I don't really understand..

It's interesting to note that some are saying it's Google who snitched on Microsoft to make the fine happen. It's no secret that there is no love lost between the two and, apparently, Google couldn't resist the chance to meddle.

I have no clue if it's actually true or not, it was reported in various news blogs tonight. Google it :)

Back