Microsoft AdCenter

Tara

I'm looking for feedback on Microsoft AdCenter. I know that Bing gets only a fraction of the traffic that Google has, but I was wonder if it still might be useful. I have a couple of free vouchers and wonder if it was worth the trouble of testing.

If you are currently running campaigns on AdWords, you can pretty easily export them then import them into Bing. There are some specific differences between the two platforms though that you need to keep in mind though, so there is some additional work you will need to do to get your Bing campaigns ready. You can read more about them here: How is Bing Ads different from AdWords?.

Some of the main things are the geo targeting settings, if you are using them currently. Also, Bing handles negative keywords differently than AdWords. In terms of ad copy, both of them will say that they have a 70 character limit for the description, but with Google it's actually 71 in some cases. Google breaks the ad description into two lines, with 35 characters each, Bing places the ad description in one line with a 70 character limit. In instances where your ad is in the top positions, Google will automatically add an extra space after the 35th character, Bing won't. So in Bing, you need to make sure you leave the 35th character as a space.

In terms of conversions, I've found Bing to be comparable to AdWords, albeit lower overall traffic and volume.

I have never tried either, I have not run the PPC ads (tho I may use a voucher I got too.) Google is a bit expensive for certain keywords and I am wondering in Bing would be a bit more reasonably priced for you? They are gaining in popularity, I know people who prefer Bing for the searches - tho I am still a Google girl.

I am curious to see what everybody says here as I have been playing with the idea of PPC for one of my blogs.

Back