Making Money with Online Surveys

sensitiveguy

Has anyone any experience with completing surveys on line for money. I began doing this about a week ago and chose to sign up with about 20 different companies. ( diversifying my portfolio, so to speak ) I've done half a dozen surveys and have earned "Points" which they claim I can turn into cash. Are there better paying survey companies out there? Are there ones to steer away from. I wouldn't mind a dialogue with some-one doing what I am.

Hi again, well it's a couple of weeks later and I'm older and wiser. The original glossy page which suggested regular surveys worth $2 - $25. or more were just plain false. Someone below summarized it already - - - many sites offer $5. just to join and from there on it's almost impossible to earn the $10 or $20 required for your first payout.

Some of the reasons for dumping you out of the survey are "You don't qualify" "Survey full or no longer available". Those excuses are reasonable if presented in the first minute or so but eg: 'Cashback Research' put me through 20 minutes of questions before disqualifying me
Vindale Research asks you to evaluate products but you must buy them first, at your own expense! I also am coming to believe I am being disqualified for 1) not being rampant consumer, 2) being partially retired with no children at home 3) living in Canada 4) not earning enough money . . etc. - I am getting discouraged -April 2nd

Last edited:
Yes, I've done that in the past. I only ever used Valued Opinions, as they are reliable, pay out and don't faff around with points.

When it comes down to it, unless you're in a major demographic (teenager, young adult university student gadget freak, young parent), you'll earn a few dollars a month at most. And it'll use up FAR too much time: like any "easy money", if you watch the time you spend, you'll find you end up earning about $3 an hour or something stupid.

The exception to this is the big online research setups, where they do focus groups and stuff. Those can pay better but I don't want that kind of involvement, personally.

I've used a number of different survey places, and actually made a couple hundred dollars a month off of it. It is time consuming and monotonous, but you can make some money off of it. I go back to it every so often when I need money. Focusline is a good bet.

Has anyone any experience with completing surveys on line for money. I began doing this about a week ago and chose to sign up with about 20 different companies. ( diversifying my portfolio, so to speak ) I've done half a dozen surveys and have earned "Points" which they claim I can turn into cash. Are there better paying survey companies out there? Are there ones to steer away from. I wouldn't mind a dialogue with some-one doing what I am.

I've used ClixSense and made a whopping maximum of $40 a month, with working hours per day. Not only that, but the surveys were up to an hour long. I would rather find another alternative, and I bet you can find something that's easier and you can make either as much or even more.

I'm glad I ran into this topic. I was beginning to wonder whether i should try my hand in this. I was recently in receipt of invitations to participate in online surveys and was considering it. Now, I am more aware of its cons...it will probably end up consuming more of my time than its worth.

Thanks TIEro
I tried to join 'Valued Opinions' but made the terrible sin of being Canadian. They do have the choice (amongst the choice of states)of "not from US" but just try to put in a Canadian postal code and the code is rejected and you can't finish the application. I once dropped into a small lunch bar and when I revealed I was vegetarian the man behind the counter just said "Hmm, sucks to be you." So it is with 'Valued American Opinions' I am also getting the opinion now that the Glossy landing pages suggesting surveys at $5. $10 and even $25 are just pie in the sky. I've now been going at this for a couple of weeks now and have been disqualified from 80% of the surveys I attempted to complete ( I'm 68 and semi-retired and not a huge consumer - again . .suck to be me) - Bruce

I have done it in the past and I can tell you the time you put into it is not worth the money you get out if it. The surveys take such a long time and you get paid such little money for it. You would be better getting a skill and then using that to make money.

Overall doing online surveys in not a good way to make money.

I hate survey websites, they always stop displaying surveys before you reach the payment threshold. Also they take a really long time to payout, like 3-4 weeks. I haven't got time to wait that long for only a mere $25 which I spent a lot of time on.

I used to do surveys a lot but eventually I got burnt out so I don't do them much anymore. You can't make much money doing it but sometimes it's good extra money. The two best ones are quickrewards.net and pinecone research. Pinecone only lets people sign up every now and then but if you get the chance to sign up I'd do it. Every survey is $3 and if they send you one you automatically qualify for it. So you don't get any of that crap where you answer a ton of questions and waste time just to get "screened out". And they don't have a minimum cashout so a few day later you automatically get paid.

Quick Rewards surveys will screen you out sometimes which is annoying, but they don't have a minimum cashout level either. So if you only have a few cents in your account they'll send it to your paypal as soon as you request payment. Back when I was doing surveys a lot I usually made about $20 a month from them.

Most of the Survey sites are only for US and UK residents.
It is difficult to other country residents to make good money from survey sites because of not availability of these sites and some sites available are scam.

I have done it in the past and I can tell you the time you put into it is not worth the money you get out if it. The surveys take such a long time and you get paid such little money for it. You would be better getting a skill and then using that to make money.

Overall doing online surveys in not a good way to make money.

Yep, and I wish I'd done that. I've spent so many hours doing surveys for money. At least 100, and I made no more than $80. Way too much work, and I could of spent all that time learning something that would give me even more money...

I tried the surveys and never even lasted long enough to come close to cashing out. Plus, the surveys can be soooo long. Sometimes they seem to be never-ending.

I would have to categorize them as some degree of scam because the only one making any money is the website owner. They get paid to direct people to take the surveys and share very small percentage with the survey-takers.

I make money online other ways. Surveys are not a good way to make money like they used to be. They never were the best and they will never be the best way to make money. Your better off making money begging on the street. You would make more money that way probably lol. The best way to make money online is to own a website not use one.

I've done the surveys in the past and can assure you that it really isn't worth the time and effort. The sites offering the surveys make really decent money connecting survey-takers with survey-makers. Think of it as a type of affiliate program. The survey-takers are paid a very small fraction of the "commission" the website receives.

I don't even know if I would want the hassle of having to run a survey site because of the massive amounts of helpdesk support that must be provided to disappointed and confused survey-takers.

Another thing about taking surveys is that it will likely cause an increase in the junk mail received.

There are so many better ways to make money online.

I can't stand purchaser survey websites, these people often halt display reviews above mentioned to achieve your check staying power. As well these people have need of an actually while in categorize to payment, similar to 3-4 2 or 3 weeks. I didn't buy time for you to wait that long for just a mere $25 I always invested a lot of time upon.

I could never do any of these offers, I always fill in the complete data but always says that I am not able to respond to offers or else there are no offers for me! :(

Yes I have made money and still do each week taking surveys. I do not go crazy taking a bunch of them, usually in my spare time or when I am watching TV. You won't make a ton of money on survey sites and you do not want to go near the ones that claim to be high paying. For the most part, they are probably a scam. If you are looking for a little extra cash then they can be a fun thing to do, but you will find it difficult to make a full time income from them.

edit: I also would not recommend paying a site to do surveys. I mean there are a couple PTC sites that are reputable and you could upgrade, but do not pay for those companies that claim you need to pay for the list of companies. You should not and do not have to pay to take surveys.

Ugh. Surveys. I've done them a little bit. I suppose some are better than others. But they mostly end up being too time consuming. It's too easy to get trapped inside one of these things and they just go on and on. And then you have the ones that wait until the very end to start asking personal questions. I know there are some people that make okay money taking them, but I would imagine that a person would have to spend their entire day taking surveys to get to that point.

Back