Long Tail Vs Short Tail Keywords

Please let me know what type of keywords you really focus on and are most successful to make profit in. Is focusing on one keyword strategy be more beneficial or should I focus on both Long tail and short tail to make bring success to my websites and bring it on top of search engines.

I use both type of keywords. Long keywords have the merit of less competition. Short keywords are popular keywords but they face stiff competition.

Long Tail Keywords are good to target to achieve ranks early because long tail keywords have less competition than short tail keywords.

Short tail is so hard these days, I think it's worth focusing on 1 short tail keyword for the site like "uk gardening forum" then the rest I would focus on longtail keywords. We're doing well using that method.

Use short tail keywords for your home page and category pages. But for your individual pages, use long tail keywords. Long tails are usually easier to rank for and they have higher conversion.

I would rather use ling tail keywords in my articles as it's easier to rank for. Yes, you will get less traffic, but less is better than nothing. I would settle for it any day.

I like to start with short tail keywords and phrase matches. Once the short tail keyword are generating traffic, then I expand those keywords into long tail keywords. This will allow the search engine to find similar searches that have a wider target market. For example, if my keyword is "red cars" then my keyword will show up even when people type in "used red cars."

There are no such type like sort tail, we can say it exact keyword and the other type long-tail keywords.
Both have their own importance. To get business from local markets and occasions we need long tail keyword other wise sort or exact match keywords are good.

Please let me know what type of keywords you really focus on and are most successful to make profit in. Is focusing on one keyword strategy be more beneficial or should I focus on both Long tail and short tail to make bring success to my websites and bring it on top of search engines.

target both long tail since easy so its easy to achieve while short tail keywords are highly search so it will take more time to get sucess.

It's very hard to rank for short keywords unless you have an authority site with very high PR. I always search for longtail keywords and check the first page to evaluate the competition. It's easier to rank for longtail keywords, provided you do some SEO and of course, offer quality content.

Long tail keywords are those that consists of 2 or more words and usually have less number of searches in search engines.

Short keywords are usually top level keywords that have maximum number of searches in search engines.

long tail keywords are keyword phrases made up of 3-5 words. They tend to have less traffic because they're not as popular as better-known “head” terms. “Head” terms, or “short tail” terms, refer to more commonly used words, for example, “running shoes.” These usually tend to be around two words.

Back