Linkbuilding is dead in 2014 ?

Does Link Building Work

I don't believe it is, I believe you just have to be smart with it and find quality sites in your niche. People overreact, Matt Cutts mentions that Google will be looking at guest posting and people immediately start screaming at the top of their lungs that guest posting is dead. At the moment linkbuilding is alive and well and shows no signs of dying just yet.

James Jennifer, I think your question is a good one and deserves an answer, but before I offer my humble suggestions, I want to respond to the issue of spammy links.

While it is true that we should aim for good quality and high PR backlinks, and while it is true that Google frowns upon bad link building techniques, the reality is that Google can't read. It can't tell what's relevant and it does not know when a neighbourhood is bad without a huge amount of data.

The proof is in the search results. I published this today on a site that's ranking in the first page of Google for an insanely competitive keyword.

The site has no content, is three months old and if you thought Social Media Mattered - forget it (at least for the moment). Check out the analysis and let us know what you think this means for backlinks.

Check out the Analysis Here:

Backlinks are King. Content is Worthless. Relevant is Irrelevant.

The big question is, how long will this site last?

Last edited:
Linkbuilding will still be relevant as an off page optimization even after 2014. I think any method that promotes and contributes to drive traffic to your site is considered relevant because traffic is considered the lifeblood of any online business.

Link Building never dead, but spamy techniques are dead, search engine not like unethical techniques to generate the links. So try to generate link through quality services.

I completely agree with you, it's important to build quality backlink following White Hat SEO techniques. Link building is very important to rank in SERPs.

No, link building is not dead it is the best way to increase traffic on the site. Create quality backlinks is very beneficial.

Back