LED vs LCD TV

sweetcorn

I previously owned a LCD TV and now that i have sold it i plan to buy a LED TV. This suggestion was given to me by my friend following a number of advantages. However, before buying it i want details, disadvantages and advantages, similarities and differences between LED and LCD . This would make my mind clear.

LCD and LED TV's are basically the same. LED TV's are still LCD, but they use many LED's for backlighting instead of larger bulbs. In terms of colours and stats they will be similar, LED are nice though because of the flatness :)

since both LED and LCD TVs use LCD technology, you’re probably wondering what the difference is. Actually, it’s about what the difference was. The LCD TVs you think of now no longer exist. Here’s why: Backlighting. Older LCD TVs used cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) to provide backlighting, whereas LED TV’s used an array of smaller, more efficient light emitting diodes (LEDs) to illuminate the screen, which gave them a few advantages. Now, all LCD TVs use LED lights, and are colloquially considered LED TVs. Here’s how that works.

Back