Keeping Wordpress Blog Safe From Spammers

gostoo

I am getting a loads of spam these days on one of the wordpress blog i own. I have tried various option to control this spam but there is a compromise involved. If i turn my comment off this finishes the problem of people submitting spam in form of comments but this way i will obviously not be getting my the interactivity in my blog where regular visitors can have the option of giving their useful opinions.
On the other hand if i turn on comments i start getting loads of spam and its get so much that i have to spend at least one full hour every day to separate spam comments from useful and legitimate comments. If any one else was in same condition as me and are being able to control spam without compromising the usefulness of their blog then please do share with me and tell me how you kept your blog running Wordpress safe and secure from Spam.

All of the spam comments I get on my Wordpress blog are seperated from genuine comments automatically from Akismet. It's odd that Akismet isn't working for you; I get spam comments daily, but all of them are blocked from being posted before I even get to remove them. Do you have Akismet disabled on your Wordpress blog, or is it just not working properly for you?

As we know Wordpress is one of the leading CMS. Almost all famous bloggers use WordPress. Word press is not only easy to use, it has a lot of other features But unfortunately WordPress is the top of the list of spamming as well. Search engines hate spam and garbage text could be a reason for your blog image down. There are many free and paid blogging & captcha could save your blog life from spammers. Use can use some other hacks to stop spamming on word press too.

To my knowledge and experience, Akismet is the best tool there is for preventing spam. Worked for me from the beginning.

There are lots of plugins available in Wordpress to avoid spam. You can use those plugins to make your website spam free. Akismet is also a good plugin to stop comment spam.

All of the spam comments I get on my Wordpress blog are seperated from genuine comments automatically from Akismet. It's odd that Akismet isn't working for you; I get spam comments daily, but all of them are blocked from being posted before I even get to remove them. Do you have Akismet disabled on your Wordpress blog, or is it just not working properly for you?

Thank you for sharing. I also like.

Yes akismet is useful and powerful plugin, but there are so many ways to do comment on our sites, and akismet may not remain that effective, i prefer you to stop comment options on pages that don't comment options and for rest can akismet or other plugins for stopping spam comments.

Yes Akismet is useful and powerful plugin, but there are so many ways to do comment on our sites, and Akismet may not remain that effective, i prefer you to stop comment options on pages that don't comment options and for rest can Akismet or other plugins for stopping spam comments.
Comments on the site make website interactive. Use Disqus if you want a spam free comments on your sites.

Back