Is Twitter the future for marketing or just a fad?

DanielV

I've noticed a lot of businesses have started a Twitter account just for the heck of it. Sometimes no research is done and the account is being managed by someone who is not trained for it.

Personally, I've got the feeling that a lot of businesses are just jumping on the fad train, because using social media is one of the cheapest ways to advertize. However, I do think social media like Twitter have huge potential, as long as they're used in a professional way.

Your opinions?

I don't think Twitter is a marketing fan. It's just another avenue of networking or word-of-mouth. Many businesses know that they need or think Twitter could help them grow their business, but just don't know how to do it. Sounds like a business opportunity! ;) ;)

I agree with you! But I think that it worth using twitter even if you don't have a pro who manage your accounts.
If you don't start a twitter account with your brand name, someone will do it for you. It is better to secure your brand over social networks. And, it does not take a lot of practices to get a few out from twitter which is better than nothing.

I've noticed a lot of businesses have started a Twitter account just for the heck of it. Sometimes no research is done and the account is being managed by someone who is not trained for it.
Personally, I've got the feeling that a lot of businesses are just jumping on the fad train, because using social media is one of the cheapest ways to advertize. However, I do think social media like Twitter have huge potential, as long as they're used in a professional way.
Your opinions?
It isn't surprising that a lot of businesses are in to Twitter because it is one of the most used platform in the world.
And for businesses every platform is a possibility, whether it is Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
What's important is that business resources should be diversify to increase its exposure especially on the internet.

Back