Is Tumblr Effective for You?

luifranc

I have seen people create a Tumblr account to expand their network and even build some links. If you have one, is it really effective? If you don’t have one, are you considering creating one now?

I have a tumblr but I use it for my own artistic interests. It really is a cool way to meet people who like the same things you do and I have seen actual "business" blogs where they even make money from it. I've even created a tumblr for a small business in my local area and we've had people learn about the product (He was selling hot sauce) through the blog and the recipes he posted.

I've already done a lot of these web2.0 network before and the best so far that I've experienced is the squidoo lenses. Unlike my thumblr page, one of my squidoo lense have successfully rank over my competitors pages. And the good thing is that I made a sale through my amazon box in this page.

Thumblr seem not working well with me, do you think it depends on the niche?

I don't use Tumblr myself. I do not know much about it tho and I had no idea you could make money through Tumblr. I just have blogs on Wordpress self hosted and Blogger at the moment. I may look into a little bit tho, can you have your own domain name there or is it all a free hosting domain?

Tumblr lets you change the domain name of your blog as you see fit - they have a few limitations but it's too keep site names from being ridiculous. People can make money by putting ads on their blogs. Or if they make YouTube content and get money from that, and assuming they have a good tumblr following, they can link their videos and get views that way.

I have a Tumblr, but I am not very active. I made it a couple years ago then I forgot about it. I do not think that you can increase traffic to your website effectively with Tumblr. I have a friend who is completely in love with Tumblr. They spend much of their free time on the website and always talk about it. They are not invested with Tumblr from a monetary or traffic-growing point of view, but they would enjoy for their traffic to grow. This friend of mine has had little success gaining any traffic throughout their Tumblr life. Given this, I would say that no, Tumblr is not as effective as other websites are.

I didn't really used Tumblr because I didn't knew how many possibilities open when using this, but from now on I will make sure I use Tumblr at it's full potential.

I recently just left Tumblr after many months. I am now blogging with Blogger. Tumblr isn't a bad place, but from a business standpoint, I would stay away from it. I made some nice friends on there, but as for generating a good amount of traffic and money from ads, I didn't do so well. Tumblr is more of a fun place to look at a lot of pictures. The users there are not very interested in reading detailed blog post or following you for long periods of time. Just as fast as I would gain followers, I would lose the same amount or more. This was because half of the users there were deleting or changing their accounts. I gave Tumblr a chance because it's a super easy blogging platform. I was able to direct my domain name there within minutes, and the overall set up process was just a breeze. But I needed a more professional atmosphere. I think I made the right decision by leaving. Also, the popular age bracket of Tumblr users seems to be more like 17 and below. There's nothing wrong this. However, I'm in my early twenties and I am really trying to attract people around my age bracket and above. I know that there is a young adult and older presence on Tumblr, but they were hard to find.

I got so sick of tumblr that I can't even explain. Nowadays everyone that uses tumblr are little girls that are about to die in order to get some attention. Atleast in my area that's the truth, unfortunately. Never had a tumblr though, never found it interesting enough nor worth the try.

I heard about Tumblr, mostly through radio stations and some celebrity buds. It seems to me like its more for artistic displays and updates - not necessarily network building. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. I don't have an account with Tumblr and it hasn't appealed to me to create one, mainly due to the kind of things I hear from my friends that they learned through its use.

Yes, it is effective since it has a large user base that can really give you some views if you had something that seemed interesting to them. It takes a bit of time though, and I wouldn't really recommend getting into it just for traffic or exposure unless you really needed it, since there are a lot of other better options out there. Still, it is highly effective and if you don't mind spending a lot of time building your page and your following then by all means go for it.

Well I don't think Tumblr is all that effective anymore, as it is in a sort of corner of the web, compared to major competitors, like Blogger, or WordPress. There are many free alternatives out there that deliver the same results as Tumblr does, free blogs are showing me less sales and conversions as many people do not like to read anymore, however have something that is interactive, like YouTube video tutorials. So I would have to have interactive elements on a blog to help it reach success anymore, while it would just be easier and more direct to use YouTube or otherwise to make effective changes.

My friend created a clothing line and he advertised it on Tumblr and he actually got some fans/customers there just by putting a bunch of hashtags in his posts, so I guess yeah, it's effective.

Tumblr is mainly for art, clothing and bunch of hipster images.
Unless you have a huge fan base on Tumblr already, you should just move to another social networking site.

xHysteria.

I don't use Tumblr, but I find it effective if you're advertising an adult website. You can post adult pictures on your Tumblr account, people will see your picture, check out your Tumblr page, and then see your description where you can add your adult website link. I'm sure you can advertise your other websites as well, but the chances that they will join your technology blog is very slim.

No, I have not used Tumblr for my business website promotion.
So cannot say that it is worthy for website promotion or not.

I haven't used Tumblr because I'm not very good at creating stellar images that would capture the attention and interest of viewers. This is a weak point of mine that I would really like to address. I have seen many brands that are able to make full use of Tumblr's potential. If you have great photos, I suggest you learn the ins and outs of Tumblr. Making a presence on Tumblr can really help boost your traffic.

Back